Climate Change

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Climate Change

Postby cactuspete » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:33 am

Scientists Blame Climate Change For Uptick In Wildfires
Temporary or long term trend? Caused by human behavior or not?
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Climate Change

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Hey Donald Trump - Climate Change Affects You Too! :smokin:
A personalized sales pitch targeted at the Trumpster himself!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby twister » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Obama bashes climate change deniers
Is the theory of climate change a liberal plot?
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:12 am

California Fires Won’t Let Up
I heard that July was the hottest month on record in the history of California and then there's all these wildfires, but where's the rising sea level? I haven't heard about any houses being flooded due to rising sea level. So, I'm still undecided when it comes to global warming, climate change, or whatever else you want to call it.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 am

Climate change might be happening, but the extent to which human activity is causing it is open to debate. The world has gone through a number of weather fluctuations, most long before there were people. Not sure why we assume that it's us that's making the difference this time around.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:37 pm

The shocking solution to Global Warming
This sounds like an modest proposal. I wonder what Jonathon Swift would think of it.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 am

Most Americans agree on climate change, but there’s still a serious political divide
This video refers to two questions, but forgets the third, and most important, question:
1) Is climate change happening?
2) Is climate change caused by humans?
3) What human activities have the greatest effect on climate?
Republicans are smart enough to realize that it's the third question that matters the most and that libtards already have an agenda in place based on their assumptions regarding the key causes of climate change. So if one says yes to questions one and two, then libtards will be able to sneak in their answers to question three and move forward with their agenda. Libtards want to use climate change as a way to control the activities of citizens of the USA. The problem is that all the little things that supposedly contribute to climate change are a drop in the bucket compared to the big ticket items, but the libtards are willing to ignore the big ticket items and concentrate on the tiny things that make no actual difference (except that they move their political agenda forward). It's called being penny wise and pound foolish. Conservatives realize this about libtards and choose not to play the game before it even begins.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby KissMyTail » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Global temperatures continue to rise
According to this report global temperatures have risen one degree Celcius since the 1800s and the last five years have been the hottest five years on record with 2016 being the hottest ever. I'm not really feeling a sense of urgency here, but they warn that all sorts of calamities may occur in the near future. I'm not convinced, but I'm not rejecting the idea either. I just think that they might be over-dramatizing just a little.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:50 am

I am curious if global temperatures have risen one degree Celsius that over a 220-year time period in the past? I wonder if the Sun is maybe pumping out some way shape or form a 1 degree more heat just a little short bump. Or if the earth has shifted a wee bit on its axis. This magnetic shift thing that they are talking about might somehow influence weather that then lets the earth warm up a bit. I am not in any way denying the planet is warmer. Not suggesting we stop trying to clean up somethings we can. I’m just wondering if this is a new deal. I know it is the warmest since we started recording but hell what’s that really mean compared to the time we have even been walking upright.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 am

Does the 'Green New Deal' weaponize climate change?
Cactuspete pointed out what's missing here:
cactuspete wrote:1) Is climate change happening?
2) Is climate change caused by humans?
3) What human activities have the greatest effect on climate?

1) There seems to be evidence that the climate is changing.
2) It might be the case that humans are causing it, but it could be that it would happen with or without us.
3) If humans are contributing, what human activities make the most difference.
The liberals seem to have an agenda, but they don't have solid science proving that their agenda will have any effect on climate change. Scare tactics and that's about it.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to General Environment and Nature