The Desert

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: The Desert

Postby James Sel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 am

jarhead wrote:STING - DESERT ROSE: The video is pretty piss poor, but what do you expect? Sting is an over-rated pretentious piece of crap as far as I'm concerned. I don't see why he ever became popular in the first place. His fans are all idiots and morons.

I bet he made more money on that song than you will make in the sum of you life time. You "Idiot Moron"
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby jarhead » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:55 am

James Sel: Apparently you are quite the fan of Sting. Thanks for proving my point.
jarhead
Greenhorn

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:37 am

jarhead: I don't think much of the song, but I'm not going to insult his fans are all idiots just because I'm not impressed by the song. It's not a horrible song, just mediocre. It probably wouldn't have been a hit except for it was done by someone who was already famous and it was promoted by a big company. A lot of songs are like that, but that doesn't make the people who like the songs idiots... well at least not most of the time! LOL
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 am

You can lead a head to knowledge but you can't make him think!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: DESERT ROSE

Postby twister » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 am

DESERT ROSE by STING: The song isn't all that great and I think CactusHugger is correct about why the song was fairly successful. James Sel seems to be suggesting that just because a song makes a lot of money that it must be pretty good. I can think of a lot of songs that were really popular and that most likely made lots of money that were pretty crumby songs. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that fans of songs like that are all idiots and morons, but I think sometimes people like whatever gets popular and don't really think enough for themselves. At least jarhead has enough integrity and self-respect to decide for himself what he likes and dislikes.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:42 am

Will The Obamas Make Palm Springs Their Post-White House Home?
Could Obama wind up being a desert dweller?
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:30 am

The Desert
What I like about this song is that it rings authentic. A few minutes ago I posted under the "Most Annoying Celebrities" in the "Recreation and Entertainment" section of this board a video rant called "The Truth About Popular Music." I much prefer a short, amateur song to something fake and over-produced, but that's just me...
Great hike through a section of the Argus Range Wilderness (Inyo County, California). It's a nice little eight mile loop beginning at the north end of Searles Valley and dropping down into Water Canyon which drains into Panamint Valley. I saw a couple donkeys along the way, lots of wildflowers, and plenty of relaxing solitude. The Argus Range Wilderness is administered by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management).

shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:22 am

shadylady: That's the way I feel too. I don't like over-produced pop music all that much. There's something much more authentic about songs written by amateurs. They're less contrived. They flow from the interests of the amateur writer rather than from an intentional desire on the part of someone under contract to manipulate the audience.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:43 pm

How the 'Accidental Artist' transformed Borrego
The raptors with the Milky Way perched between them is quite a sight to see. :thumb:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:19 am

How the 'Accidental Artist' transformed Borrego
This is different from the previous video by the same name. It must have been put together using clips left out of the first one.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature