Trona Bloody Trona

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Re: Trona Bloody Trona

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 am

If you got the weight to throw around, generally you're gonna throw it around. Seems to be the way the world works, Of course, that's why we have laws and as long as those laws are enforced then things work, but the problem is that those with weight to throw around can sometimes block the enforcement of good laws and even worse they can sometimes create laws which benefit them and hurt others.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:22 am

drdesert wrote:Started the book two years ago. Finished the book yesterday. Whoever invented bookmarks deserves a lot of credit for me finally finishing. I liked the book, but I have a really inconsistent schedule and something always seems to come up. Anyways I recommend the book and another book I liked a lot was Emmett C. Harder's book called These Canyons Are Full Of Ghosts. I started both books about the same time and finished both within a week of each other. Like I said, bookmarks deserve a lot of credit for that accomplishment! LOL

I read the Full Of Ghosts book and I recommend it. The Bloody Trona book sounds intresting but not quite enough to motivate me to read it.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cloud » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:48 pm

CrustyOldFart wrote:
drdesert wrote:Started the book two years ago. Finished the book yesterday. Whoever invented bookmarks deserves a lot of credit for me finally finishing. I liked the book, but I have a really inconsistent schedule and something always seems to come up. Anyways I recommend the book and another book I liked a lot was Emmett C. Harder's book called These Canyons Are Full Of Ghosts. I started both books about the same time and finished both within a week of each other. Like I said, bookmarks deserve a lot of credit for that accomplishment! LOL

I read the Full Of Ghosts book and I recommend it. The Bloody Trona book sounds intresting but not quite enough to motivate me to read it.

I read both books plus I read all the books on the main page at blackturtle.us. They were all good, but if I were to pick a favorite I'd go with Campfire Songs.
http://www.blackturtle.us/TURTLE/
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby rainbow » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 am

I haven't read Trona Bloody Trona or the Canyon Ghosts book, but I have read three of the blackturtle.us books and I have started another. Those other two books sounds interesting, but I plan on reading all the blackturtle.us books before I read anything else.
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wabbit » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:13 am

I recently read "The Fake News" and liked it a lot. I ordered the sequel yesterday and hope to get it within a few days so I can start reading. I may wind up reading all the books at blackturtle.us. There are eleven of them and I have one down, one on the way, and nine to go unless in the meantime a new one shows up!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wabbit » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:57 am

UPDATE: I've now read four out of the eleven books by blackturtle.us. I'm reading "Hot Springs Casualties at this time and have copies now of all eleven books. I enjoy his style and the way he works interesting ideas into his plots. I highly recommend his books!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby rainbow » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:24 am

wabbit: Here's my update - I still have two more books by blackturtle.us to read. A rumor I heard is that he was shooting for something between South Park and Huckleberry Finn. I'd say that's about right for his books. They aren't as crazy as South Park and they have lots of outdoor adventures like Huck Finn. I like the humor and the social insights. I recommend all the books, but my favorite so far is The Fake News. BTW, a lot of people post Mark Dice videos on this forum and Mark Dice wrote a book called Fake News, but the blackturtle.us book with basically the same name came out first.
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to Local History