Austin Hall

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Austin Hall

Postby mrfish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 am

Trona Homecoming
Most of this video is from a football game, but the first minute or two shows the Homecoming Parade with Austin Hall in the background.

(Edited by admin in order to preserve continuity of thread. Old YouTube video - # IKbVj-2UeSY - no longer available. Portion of original video containing football game not included.)
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Austin Hall

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 am

Nice post MrFish! The footage of Austin Hall was a great find! The football game footage was interesting also. Too bad there's not a video tour of the inside of Austin Hall available.
:thumb:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 am

Great old video mrfish! It seems to me that Homecoming is just a couple weeks away. No marching band nowadays. I guess it is fair to say that Trona is past its prime. Oh well at least the football field still looks more or less the same! LOL
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 am

Yep! Long gone are the days when there were enough students attending the school here town to support a marching band. Heck there are barely enough kids to field a team for 8-man football. There is no way that the school would be able to put together a marching band!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:19 am

Great post MrFish! I really enjoy seeing that old building. Also it is fun to see the way people dressed back in the day, as they say! It is so unfortunate that the company failed to replace that facility.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:25 am

Gotta love the old footage of Austin Hall. The loss of that facility was quite a blow to the town. Quite an unfortunate loss. Sad how things seem to just keep going downhill.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:29 am

I saw listed an event called Austin Hall Community Vendor Fair on the list of events for the Centennial Celebration. The only other info was the time and the street address. I assume that this event takes place at the site where Austin Hall once stood.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Return to Local History