UFOs and Aliens

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Re: UFOs and Aliens

Postby sandman » Tue May 28, 2013 7:39 am

UFO Spotted in San Diego
More on the UFO sighting near San Diego. :roll2:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am

New Priority for British Scientists: Find Aliens
Is there any intelligent life in the universe? Cuz there sure as hell ain't any on this planet!!!
:mad2:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 am

Area 51 is real, but sorry, no aliens :alien:
Just because they say there are no aliens doesn't mean that there really aren't any aliens. Only a fool trusts the government to tell the truth. So, why would this be any different?
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrfish » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:20 am

UFO buffs return to lonesome ET highway :alien:
UFO enthusiasts visit NV and spend their money and as a result help the economy of NV especially some of the sparsely populated counties in the middle.
After years of observing the human behavior surrounding the UFO phenomenon, Harris concludes, “I think people naturally want to believe in a higher power. I think people naturally want to believe in God. I think people naturally want to believe in aliens. They’re always hunting for answers to their ultimate questions.”

LINK: http://pvtimes.com/opinion/ufo-buffs-return-lonesome-et-highway.html
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:53 pm

This is a repost from the old forum. Someone I talked to this last week was interested and so I figured I'd repost the info here to make it easier to get to:
THE SECRETS OF THE MOJAVE: (Or, The Conspiracy Against Reality)
Here's an interesting download for you. It's a book, 245 pages long, all about UFO-related stuff that supposedly took place in the general area of the Mojave Desert. I've skimmed it a little and it is a little incoherent, but there are interesting tidbits here and there. I'm not saying I recommend it, but you might find it interesting.
LINK: http://www.abidemiracles.com/branton2.pdf

Here are the first couple paragraphs from this lengthy manuscript:
The author of the following story is a Navaho Indian. He revealed this tribal secret which he learned from the Paiute Indians, who inhabit the Great Basin and Mojave deserts of Utah, Nevada, and California.

This native American, who went by the name Oga-Make, related the following account in appreciation for a story on the Navaho which appeared in the Spring of 1948 in a magazine which was carrying numerous articles on the mysterious "signs" or "fires" in the skies which were causing an enormous amount of confusion and debate during that same year, as well as the years following.

OLD FORUM POST: http://www.blackturtle.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby JanuaryJones » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 am

blackturtle: I downloaded and saved that PDF. Someone either has a good imagination or else it's true. There's some amazing stuff in that ebook. If even only a little bit of it is true then the whole thing is worth reading!
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby pcslim » Sun May 25, 2014 6:53 am

Scientists to Congress: Aliens exist! :alien:
Actually I think that the SETI project is a worthwhile project and that it deserves funding. There is a very high likelihood that life exists (at least in the microbial form) on other planets!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:21 pm

UFO Sighted Releasing Orb Over Southern California
Looks like a satellite disintegrating to me. The orb was probably just the result of a fuel tank rupturing.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby JanuaryJones » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 am

sandman: It looks like a satellite to me also. I doubt that it was doctored in a photo editing program. It looks very much like what I've seen of satellites burning up in the atmosphere except that I've never seen an orb roll off the tail like that.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby alf » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:22 pm

President Barack Obama Denies Knowledge of Aliens :alien:
I'm pretty sure that he neither confirmed nor denied anything. In fact, he said that he is following their instructions!
ALF = Alien Life Form
alf
Greenhorn

PreviousNext

Return to Local History