UFOs and Aliens

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Re: UFOs and Aliens

Postby a2z » Thu May 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Husker Du - Books about UFOs :alien:
This is my favorite UFO related song. Just about anything by this band is awesome, but this is the only one I can't think of about UFOs!
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Books About UFOs

Postby alf » Fri May 06, 2016 8:19 am

a2z: The first time I heard anything by Husker Du was a couple years ago. After a couple days of checking out their stuff I heard this song and like you said it's not their best song, but I think you're right that this is their only song on the topic!
ALF = Alien Life Form
alf
Greenhorn

Postby mrfish » Fri May 20, 2016 8:57 am

I'd say that this is supposed to be a serious thread about UFOs and that all this SONGS ABOUT UFOs stuff belongs in the Recreation and Entertainment thread, but then I realize that there really isn't anything serious to say about UFOs, which leads to the conclusion that it probably should have been there anyways, but that there is some historical value I suppose and so it might as well be here, one way or the other.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:59 am

The Black Knight Satellite: An Alien Spy Satellite watching over mankind
This is probably more strange than interesting, but it's been around for awhile and keeps getting mentioned by the alternative nutjob media.
Many believe the anomalous object, said to be locked in polar orbit around our planet is, in fact, an extraterrestrial satellite, sent to Earth to monitor mankind.

http://www.ancient-code.com/the-black-knight-satellite-an-alien-spy-satellite-watching-over-mankind/
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby deathvalleyjake » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:50 am

Ancient Civilization Beneath Death Valley?
And this might explain why Wingate Pass is now off-limits since it is located within the boundaries of the local military base.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:53 am

The ancient city under the Panamint Range story has been around for a long time and Wingate Pass is the supposed entry point in each story I've heard. Although the navy has that land now and public entry is prohibited, it's most likely just coincidental that the story and the creation of the military base coincide.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 am

300 Million Year Old Alien Screw? :roll2:
Not exactly convincing and it seems a bit of a stretch to conclude extraterrestrial origins, but you never know!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby drdesert » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:29 pm

(Breakdown) China Lake UFO
China Lake is supposed to be a hot spot, but...
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrfish » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:12 am

drdesert: The corridor between China Lake and Area 51 is considered to be the busiest extra-terrestrial visitation area in the USA and possibly even the world. I'm more than a little skeptical, but ultimately I have to admit that anything is possible! LOL
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 am

mrfish: I'd say that the existence of UFOs in Nevada has been officially recognized. Route 375 is officially known as the Extraterretrial Highway. I've traveled that highway a few times and all I can say is that it is out of this world!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local History