Drone Wars

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Drone Wars

Postby pcslim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:35 am

'Drone User Club' Takes To The Skies
As usual, it's all about making money. :mad2:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Re: Drones

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Spying to sushi, what can't drones do?
Pizza delivery? Seems like accidents are likely to occur. Perhaps a child or two losing a finger and a huge lawsuit as a result. Not to be a pessimist or anything, but some of these problems are kind of obvious!
:diablo:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 am

Here is more on the Amazon story. They plan on using drones to deliver small packages and could be doing it as soon as 2015.
http://www.newsdaily.com/article/6e9fd8 ... ivery-plan

While this video claims drones wont work

I think it's more realistic that they will though it will probably take longer than 2015 which is less than 13 months away!

I don't think kids throwing rocks at drones is going to be a problem. I can picture it now. One kid throws a rock and a whole fleet of drones will be dispatched to take care of the problem. I don't see people stealing packages to be a problem either. Just leave one there to spy and video whoever picks up the package. Drones that crash will probably be rescued by other drones and flown back to the factory for repair, even delivering the package on the way. Drones human and facial recognition could be fine tuned enabling them to avoid flying into them at all costs, even while crashing. All of this begs the question. If they'll be using drones for things as trivial for delivering packages, what else will they be using them for and how many of them will be armed?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:51 am

I bet shooting drones would be funner than shooting skeet! I'll have to get myself a hunting blind and set it up near an Amazon warehouse. Should be tons of fun!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:26 am

Schiff: 'Grave concern' on drones
Could drones be used for terrorist activity? What about privacy concerns? Hopefully the FAA denies any requests for permits to use drones to delivery goods or services! The Jetsons my ass!!!
:smokin:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Shooting down drones: a town votes :thumb:
I'd vote YES! We need more of this rebellious spirit in this country! Not in my backyard!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 am

1000 feet? Seems silly. Don't they mostly fly in the upper atmosphere? I have to wonder if by making it a town ordinance. Wouldn't that make them liable somehow? What if a bystander accidentally gets shot by someone attempting to shoot one down?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:02 am

Drone Wars Video :thumb:
It looks like blackturtle combined a couple topics from this message board when he made this video. There's the guys from Duck Dynasty and then there's the topic of drones. The grin and giggle score for this video is pretty high as far as I'm concerned!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:22 am

Usually I hate blackturtle videos (no offense intended), but I actually like this one! At least it made me laugh and the song sounded alright.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets