Internet Memes

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Internet Memes

Postby mrgreen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:11 pm

Uncle Meme - SNL
Saturday Night Live hasn't been too funny in recent years, but this skit is at least a little bit funny.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pdm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:43 am

mrgreen: Awkwardly funny. It's not nice to meme people! LOL It could have been worse considering some of the typical uncle jokes people like to tell. I would never do this to my own uncle. I'd do it to some body else's uncle!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pcslim » Fri May 15, 2020 7:47 am

Facebook Launches Hateful Memes Challenge With a $100k Prize to Build an AI That Detects Spicy Memes
Developing AI to identify content is not difficult, but identifying intent is not nearly as simple. However, discerning the difference between truly hateful speech and sarcastic humor is nearly impossible. On top of that, it depends on the context and context can be a composite of many subtle contextual cues. To add to the complexity of the problem, is that part of a communication may involve a combination of an image with text and the fact that many "memes" can be very ambiguous in terms of how the message is interpreted. Ultimately, I think this entire project will get bogged down with ideology which will skew the way the problem is defined to begin with. Also I think that harmlessly humorous intent will be confused with hateful intent and the biggest casualty of this project will be humor and a world without humor is certainly extremely dull and bleak.... but very safe.... and that's what they want. No one should have their "fee-wings" hurt!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby pdm » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:38 am

Trump’s ‘Racist Baby’ Video Tweet Flagged as Altered Media :smack:
First of all, Trump did not create the video. No one working for Trump created the video. All Trump did was re-tweet the hilariously witty video. The video was made by a known meme-maker named Logan Cook who identifies himself as "eternally sarcastic." The doctored video actually makes an extremely valid point about fake news and CNN in general. Therefore, it easily is protected by both free speech laws and fair use as defined by copyright law. Further, the idea of suing Trump or Cook is ludicrous and nothing more than a cheap, half-witted publicity stunt at best.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pdm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Ken and Karen Protect Their Home Against Protestors Meme ft. 4chan
Get featured on the news and you might just become the subject of a meme!!!! :poop:
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Hacker 4chan NUKES BLM by Dropping SPICY Memes on Social Media, OPERATION: SPONSORED BY
This is some pretty f****d up stuff!!! Funny memes about a pathetic bunch of losers.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wabbit » Sun May 30, 2021 6:41 am

Twitter Users in a nutshell
Twitter? What's the point? :roll2:
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wabbit » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:02 am

Young Boy Drops “Brandon Bomb” on Live TV :yup:
I think most people know about this meme by now, but for the benefit of those who don't here's the basic story. A crowd was clearly shouting "FUCK JOE BIDEN" and a news reporter stated that she thought they were chanting "Let's go Brandon!" Smart kid in this video!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:49 am

It's Happening EVERYWHERE!
It's an unstoppable meme, but YouTube is censoring some songs which include it.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 am

Let's Go Brandon Meme: I've heard some people say it's just a way of getting away with saying Fuck Joe Biden, but those people miss the point entirely. It's about calling out the mainstream news media for all their lies.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets