Medical Breakthroughs

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Medical Breakthroughs

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

a2z wrote:
surfsteve wrote:Perhaps I should have said the virus is caused by lack of zinc. Viruses are not very well understood by modern medicine. As of yet nobody has ever seen or photographed the AIDS virus. They can only detect the presence of antibodies your body makes to fight the symptoms. I wouldn't be surprised to discover the same is true about the herpes "virus" and perhaps of all viruses.

RE: As of yet nobody has ever seen or photographed the AIDS virus.
Not actually true! However, you can't take a picture of the virus with a conventional camera.

You guys talk about understanding scientific concepts and then put up a video that claims to have photographed a virus with absolutely no evidence. That photograph in the video could have been of anything. Even a fungus. Please provide at least some evidence that what they are photographing is actually a virus before you accuse me of not understanding science. More than likely what was photographed in the video is not a virus but rather the contamination of particles of cellular proteins.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

To be honest I don't know that much about the herpes virus. I suspect though, what is thought to be a virus could actually be a fungus. Zinc is well known to have fungicidal properties and there are many testimonials indicating it works. Many people also think cancer could be caused by a fungus but that's another story.

At one time it was peer reviewed that the world was flat. All that aside there are many peer reviewed articles supporting the information I have posted as well.

To help you make better informed health decisions, this Web site archives evidence and opinions of scientists, journalists and others against the myths of AIDS. The site contains more than 1500 pages with over 1000 articles. Most of these articles have been published in (peer reviewed) journals, magazines, and newspapers.

Link: http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

surfsteve wrote:
wildrose wrote:So, while boron might seem to be a miracle cure when administered to someone with a boron deficiency, it would do nothing to help a person not suffering from such a deficiency (and the symptoms of boron deficiency are not uniquely caused by a deficiency in boron). It is unlikely that many people would benefit from the use of boron supplements, but it is something worth considering and something that should be easily detected with a blood test.
LINK: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-boron-deficiency.htm

Are you being funny? You just proved that classic arthritis symptoms equal boron deficiency. If you had done your homework you would have also discovered that all of the sources of boron you quoted have been drastically depleted by the use of modern fertilizers and farming practices and that many vegetables contain as little as 1/20th of the boron they contained just a few generations ago. Sure, if you can find a doctor that you can afford and trust you could get tested for boron deficiency. You could also do your homework and read up about it and maybe even take a pinch of 20 Mule Team Borax in a glass of water and see if it does anything.

I don't mean to be rude, but reading through your reply to my post and your reply to MrFish, it would seem that you must be drunk or under the influence of some mind altering drug, because your replies seem to come out of left field. I won't address the errors you make in your reply to MrFish, but in the reply to my post, you commit one of the most basic logical fallacies. It's known as affirming the consequent. Here's an example just so you can see how it works:
Argument: If it rains, the ground gets wet. The ground is wet, therefore it rained.
Problem: There are other ways by which the ground could get wet (e.g. someone spilled water).

Your argument seems to go like this:
Argument: If one has a boron deficiency, then one will have arthritis. Someone has arthritis, therefore that person has a boron deficiency.

The problem is that there are other causes of arthritis. As for your comments regarding depletion of boron in the soil, that is common knowledge and it is a problem with all minerals, not just boron. Other minerals relevant to arthritis include calcium, magnesium, sulfur, copper, zinc, manganese, and selenium. Also several vitamins are correlated with arthritis and so a deficiency of any of them could contribute to the development of arthritis. And then there's genetics....
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

surfsteve wrote:I would definitely give coconut oil a try before I would let someone put a pace maker inside my brain but you do whatever you think is best. Just keep your government's thieving lying hands off my supplements and natural cures! It's not the saturated fats that are bad for you. It's the trans fats and the artificially hydrogenated ones. Wishful thinking to me is doctors believing that they are gods and that only their barbaric medicines and procedures can help people.

I agree with both SurfSteve and Wildrose on this one. I think that putting electrodes into the brain is pretty extreme and scary and coconut oil might be worth a try (although I doubt it would do anything). I'm in favor of allowing people access to supplements, but I'm concerned about misinformation and exaggerated claims. Also I think that medical science is fairly reliable, but far from infallible. That being said, I think that 90% of medical problems are the result of bad lifestyle choices. A good diet, combined with exercise and proper rest, along with avoidance of unhealthy substances can go a long way when it comes to maintaining good health. Most people are their own worst enemies in this regards, unfortunately. But when it comes to miracle cures, I'm quite skeptical.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 am

Steve Jobs on cancer: Don't mess with eastern medicine
A lot of people seem to have the mistaken belief that alternative medicine works better than western medicine. Steve Jobs found out the hard way that this just isn't so.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 am

pcslim wrote:Steve Jobs on cancer: Don't mess with eastern medicine
A lot of people seem to have the mistaken belief that alternative medicine works better than western medicine. Steve Jobs found out the hard way that this just isn't so.

Great post.

Rebuttal:

I always thought that Steve Jobs was on Gerson therapy. I guess I was wrong.
GersonInstitute Mod Krista • 8 months ago

No, Steve Jobs never contacted us. By the time he had a liver transplant it would have been too late for him to do the Gerson Therapy though, since it can't be administered to transplant patients.
http://gerson.org/gerpress/charlotte-rock-church-video/
Also see http://jimtibbetts.com/T.html
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 am

Thinking back about Steve Jobs... I think he was too much into the religious aspect of nutrition. I think that he believed that if he just stuck to a vegan diet that everything would be OK instead of focusing on avoiding toxins and finding the specific things his body needed to counter his symptoms. I'd almost be willing to bet that he ate a lot of wheat. One thing for sure. He definitely wasn't doing something right, somewhere. Let me be the first to say that there are a lot of better things to eat than meat. But meat is really not that bad for you. Especially compared to a lot of things allowed on a vegan diet like modern wheat. I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that he went to his grave believing it was good for him.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Medical Breakthroughs

Postby shadylady » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Are STI Vaccinations Coming Soon?
Innovative way of treating herpes involving "a two-phase, 'prime-and-pull' approach to vaccination that first creates a system-wide T-cell call-to-arms and then uses topically applied T-cell attracters called chemokines to encourage the T-cells to set up camp in tissue near the genital tract."
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

surfsteve wrote:I read somewhere that zinc deficiency is the cause of herpes. Most protocols include taking a zinc supplement internally and applying a zinc ointment on the affected area. Zinc levels are also depleted from the sun and physical exercise so athletes need to be especially concerned. There is a liquid called Zinc Challenge that you can use at home to check your zinc levels by holding it in your mouth and tasting it. Most people are moderately to severely deficient in zinc already. Actually due to modern farming practices, most people are deficient in all trace minerals which can cause all kinds of problems and is easily corrected by adding a trace mineral supplement to their drinking water. I have a 5 stage water purification system under my sink to remove fluoride and other harmful minerals. It also removes the good minerals so I use a supplement called Concentrace to remineralize my water and replace all the good ones that were taken out along with an extra eyedropper full of zinc in each gallon because I am especially physically active.

My understanding is that herpes is CAUSED by a virus. However, outbreaks increase when certain deficiencies or surpluses occur. A zinc deficiency probably is associated with outbreaks in a person who is infected. Also I've heard that a shortage of the amino acid lysine is linked to outbreaks and that too much of the amino acid arginine can cause outbreaks also. QUICK GOOGLE FOR A LINK...
REDUCE HERPES OUTBREAKS: http://voices.yahoo.com/reduce-genital-herpes-outbreaks-72604.html
Lysine for a Herpes Outbreak: http://www.livestrong.com/article/356627-lysine-for-a-herpes-outbreak/
The University of Maryland Medical Center cites several other supplements that may help to prevent or heal herpes outbreaks, including propolis and zinc. UMMC notes that zinc may be effective against both oral and genital herpes, while propolis, a resin made by bees, may boost immunity and stop the herpes virus from reproducing. Some herbal supplements, including lemon balm and aloe, may also help to alleviate symptoms. Get medical advice before using dietary or herbal supplements to treat herpes.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets