Dietary Supplements

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Dietary Supplements

Postby twister » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:18 pm

surfsteve: Thanks for the info. I saw a chocolate flavored bone broth protein powder on sale for almost $40 for a 20-serving container. Seems really expensive to me, but if it's a superior product, then maybe it's worth it. Most likely it's over-priced and not anything special, but there's so much hype when it comes to supplements and protein powders that it's more likely than not that all the promises are empty. BUT the problem is you never know...
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Here's the brand I get for about half that price. I actually got it a lot cheaper because it was on sale so I bought half a dozen. Hoping it will go on sale again before I run out. I been going through about one container a month of the stuff. It's pretty cheap that way. Especially when you consider how filling it is and that you will be eating less of other foods.

https://www.amazon.com/Grass-Fed-Anti-A ... d+collegan

The Bulk Supplements brand also gives you an entire kilogram for the same price as the one you mentioned.

I would guess the one that is chocolate flavored would be weaker because they would have to take out some collagen to put in the flavoring. Must also either have sugar added to it or some sort of fake sugar substitute so I would think it would be a lot less healthier too.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:01 pm

6 Supplements That Might Actually Help You
This guy isn't too enthusiastic about supplements in general. The most interesting item on this list IMO was beet juice.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Herbs at a Glance
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
Interesting info about a bunch of herbs. About 50 on the list. For instance:
Saw Palmetto - The scientific evidence does not support using saw palmetto for any health condition.
Turmeric - High doses or long-term use of turmeric may cause gastrointestinal problems.
Echinacea - Taking echinacea after you catch a cold has not been shown to shorten the time that you’ll be sick.
Garlic - Garlic may be helpful for high blood pressure, but the evidence is weak.
St. John's Wort - It has been clearly shown that St. John’s wort can interact in dangerous, sometimes life-threatening ways with a variety of medicines.
VISIT: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/herbsataglance.htm
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Pregnenolone: The Master Hormone!
This lady likes pregnenolone... a lot!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 am

Interesting. I didn't know Pregnenolone was legal. I googled it and they even still sell it on Amazon. I think I may have confused it with something else. From briefly reading about it and watching your video it sounds a lot like DHEA. I tried DHEA some years back and at first the effects were amazing but after a while it came back to bite me on the ass and seemed to have the reverse effect it had when I first started taking it.

I get the impression that it's a woman's hormone. Probably due to a woman making the video and the preg sounding name being so similar to pregnant. Though this must be false because we would have probably all heard about it if guys were somehow able to get pregnant after taking it!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 am

I was watching this video and she said fish was the richest source of vitamin D. Since I eat a lot of salmon I googled it to find out how much it contained and it said zero percent. What's up with that I wonder. I recently watched some videos that said that they often will put zero percent if they didn't test for a particular vitamin. If true this seems totally wrong and they should be legally obligated to report they didn't test for it instead of being allowed to lie and say it has zero percent.

I was looking into buying cod livers a while back and didn't. Cod liver oil is supposed to have so much vitamin D in it but on one of the cans on Amazon where they sold it I ran into the same zero percent thing. What's up with that? Are they really allowed to lie if in fact they never really tested for it?

The "Vitamin D Sweet Spot" and Its Relationship To Aging
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 pm

13 Anti-Aging Supplements To Turn Back The Clock
It's hard to tell the difference between bullshit and legit info when it comes to supplements. Many companies just out to make a buck by getting gullible folks to buy their stuff. False hope is expensive.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

PQQ and CoQ10 Plus The Immortality Vine - The Fountain of Youth
Yet another miracle supplement. Wouldn't it be nice to know what really works and what's just a waste of money?!!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Utah company brings technology for better absorption of turmeric
Increasing absorption is said to increase benefits.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets