Biohacking

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Biohacking

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:16 am

DIY Biohackers Are Editing Genes in Garages and Kitchens
What could possibly go wrong? :smokin:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Biohacking

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 am

Learn to Be a Bio-Hacker at This Do-It-Yourself Lab
Biohackers aren't stuck in the lab all the time. Sometimes they get out and commune with nature.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:29 am

#OPENBIOTECH vlog #2: how to get in jail as a biohacker
Different countries have different rules and regulations... but from a practically point of view... how the hell would they know what the heck you're doing in the privacy of your own biohacking lab (aka, kitchen, garage, or spare bedroom)?
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:33 am

The $140 Mail-Order CRISPR Kit: Is Unregulated Biohacking the Future of Science?
This might already be posted to the CRISPR thread, but it's a pretty good video and so it's being reposted here!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Father of Biohacking: Dave Asprey - Going Deep With Stem Cells
MORE INFO HERE: https://www.docereclinics.com
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm

Docere Clinics Welcome Video
Interesting, but it sounds expensive and I'm sure insurance won't cover it!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:12 am

From what I'm able to fathom, stem cell therapy is still an unproven science. There are lots of studies and experiments being done, but nothing solid demonstrates that stem cell therapy makes a difference when it comes to treating actual medical problems. Lots of testimonials and that sort of thing posted on the YouTube page of the Utah company, but that could just people who paid a lot of money for a treatment convincing themselves that their money was well spent.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:11 am

BRAIN FOG: I've watched a bunch of videos on brain fog and none of the solutions seem like they are likely to work. I know lots of people experience brain fog, but I've never heard of a better solution than drinking a little coffee. But coffee is like a double-bind because people become dependent on coffee and then they need more and more to have the same effect. Does anyone know a method that really works to solve brain fog?
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:22 am

Coffee is a neurotoxin and I don't think it's been proven to boost intelligence. I don't think there is anything better for brain fog than a well balanced diet. There are plenty of drugs out there that will make you think you have become more intelligent but I'm not convinced they actually work. I think that they are actually counterproductive in the long run.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 am

surfsteve wrote:Coffee is a neurotoxin and I don't think it's been proven to boost intelligence. I don't think there is anything better for brain fog than a well balanced diet. There are plenty of drugs out there that will make you think you have become more intelligent but I'm not convinced they actually work. I think that they are actually counterproductive in the long run.

Coffee is a stimulant and as such has no effect on intelligence by definition. It does increase energy and alertness, but neither of those have anything to do with underlying intelligence. Brain fog has to do with energy and alertness also and not underlying intelligence. There are a number of things which may help with brain fog including a well-balanced diet. There are also various stimulants, so-called nootropics, and a number of herbal substances which may do any number of things behind the scenes. Often people with vitamin deficiencies (for instance, B-12) show cognitive impairment and simply reversing the deficiency can return the person to their normal level of intelligence. Nothing I've seen shows that you can actually boost someone's intelligence above what is normal for that person. But, again, that has nothing to do with brain fog which is simply a matter of alertness and energy and which may reflect some kind of temporary neurotransmitter shortage or surplus.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Technology and Gadgets