Genetic Tests

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Genetic Tests

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am

DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY GENE TEST
The key to prevention is knowing what conditions one might be susceptible to.
The Disease Susceptibility Genetic Test (DSGT) helps you to identify whether you carry any defective genes which puts you at risk of developing certain kinds of diseases. 100 diseases are covered in this predictive test, and the results will state which diseases one is at risk for.

LINK: http://www.mapmygene.com/services/disease-susceptibility-test/
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Genetic Tests

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:55 am

Helix will soon offer an ACMG 59 product—and that’s great news for you. Why?
A lot of effort has been put into creating a list of particularly actionable genes!
Put simply, the ACMG 59 is a special list of health-related genes. (The “59” comes from the fact that there are currently 59 genes on the list.) The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (or ACMG) has maintained this list since 2013, back when it was called the ACMG 56. The genes on the ACMG 59 are associated with potentially life-threatening health conditions, ranging from familial hypercholesterolemia to breast and ovarian cancer. Beyond the fact that they’re all related to health, two key qualities define what genes go on the ACMG 59: penetrance and actionability.

LINK: https://www.helix.com/blog/what-is-acmg-59/
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 am

My biggest worry on the issue is it is found out I carry a gene that leads to something expensive to control. In the future if one payer or socialized medicine deems it to costly for the good of the program to justify providing the treatment I need.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Dirty Genes: A Breakthrough Program to Treat the Root Cause of Illness and Optimize Your Health
There are a lot of products out there bidding for your attention and money. It's hard to say which are legitimate and which are a waste of time. This book comes with a great sales pitch, but it's hard to tell if it's full of false promises or not.
Genes can be “born dirty” or merely “act dirty” in response to your environment, diet, or lifestyle—causing lifelong, life-threatening, and chronic health problems, including cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders, anxiety, depression, digestive issues, obesity, cancer, and diabetes. Based on his own experience and successfully helping thousands of clients, Dr. Lynch shows you how to identify and optimize both types of dirty genes by cleaning them up with targeted and personalized plans, including healthy eating, good sleep, stress relief, environmental detox, and other holistic and natural means.

LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Genes-Breakthrough-Program-Optimize/dp/0062698141/
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 am

Confused about Your Genetic Report? Use This Instead
Probably just a bunch of BS, but a great sales pitch!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:31 pm

What is epigenetics?
How long before epigenetic tests become available?
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am

Startup Offers To Sequence Your Genome Free Of Charge, Then Let You Profit From It
The name of the company is Nebula Genomics and here's their website: https://www.nebula.org/
A startup genetics company says it's now offering to sequence your entire genome at no cost to you. In fact, you would own the data and may even be able to make money off it. Today, companies like 23andMe make some of their money by scanning your genetic patterns and then selling that information to drug companies for use in research.

ARTICLE: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/11/15/667946213/startup-offers-to-sequence-your-genome-free-of-charge-then-let-you-profit-from-i
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 am

Nebula Genomics: Spit with a purpose!
The website makes this sound like a pretty darn good deal. Make money from your own genetic info. That's a fantastic business model if it works!!!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shotgunmary » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:06 am

Probability Comparison: Rarest Human Mutations
Most of us dodged a long list of genetic bullets before we were even born!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wildrose » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:44 am

MyDNAGE Blood Test Results: My Biological Age Revealed!
It's more of an epigenetic test than a genetic test, but you can't have epigenetics without genetics!
I did a blood test one month ago called MyDNAge and it's based on Steve Horvath's Epigenetic Clock & methylation-based measurement of aging. I finally have the results of my biological age and want to share it with you!

wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Technology and Gadgets