YouTube Drama

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: YouTube Drama

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 am

Youtuber Logan Paul Posts Video Discovering A Suicide Victim In Japan!
I don't find his reactions at all offensive. He seems like a real person having a real experience to me. Not one of those phony people who always say the politically correct thing, but a real person expressing honest feelings. Many people cope with stress using humor and so I understand his thought process and have no plans on joining the hypocritical hate squad bashing him.
LINK: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh3cARSx34iJ59mdt7
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:51 pm

YouTube Shooter
Some people take YouTube just a little too seriously.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:37 am

Tucker: Media will stop talking about YouTube shooting
A vegan female animal-rights activist commits a violent crime and the media is completely confused...
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:17 am

How YouTube creators get paid and why some are angry
YouTube made some big changes a little over a month ago. Many people who had been paid for many years for their videos were suddenly and arbitrarily cut off from monetization. The smart thing to do would have been to allow channels which had been previously monetized to continue to be monetized and for the changes to apply only to channels which had not yet been monetized. The old standard was 10,000 channel views, but YouTube changed that to a much higher standard. Obviously the shooting was not justified, but YouTube sort of set up a situation where an unstable person could be faced with more frustration than she could handle and that resulted in an easily predictable tragedy. That's what happens when a company is run by people in their twenties and early thirties.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:32 am

'Ad-pocalypse' frustrating local YouTube creators
YouTube created a situation which was very frustrating. Someone was bound to over-react. That was easily foreseeable.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am

Who Was the YouTube Shooter?
Obviously she felt cheated by YouTube and resent YouTube policy changes worked to her disadvantage. Her frustration is understandable, but her actions are not justifiable. As others have pointed out, I acknowledge that YouTube created the situation with extremely poor policy decisions and that the general SJW culture at Google had a lot to do with that.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:57 am

Youtube Shooter Simply Hated Youtube
Unrealistic expectations combined with bad policy are a recipe for disaster. YouTube should have known better, but as someone else already pointed out, when a company is run by a bunch of braindead, SJW, halfwits in their twenties, bad things happen. Keep in mind that YouTube has some brilliant people working for it, but those people don't actually run the show. The software engineers don't make the big decisions, they just do what the idiots in charge ask of them. Put the software engineers in charge and this kind of a problem can be avoided through the exercise of shear insight and logic. HR people and business and marketing types hire SJWs in order to comply with expectations of diversity and to do this they turn away many intelligent people. When the software engineers speak up and mention this to them the HR/business/marketing/SJW types fire those software engineers as we saw in the James Damore case. If the situation were reversed and the software engineers were firing the HR/business/marketing/SJW types, the situation would be vastly improved.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:52 am

Tragic what happened. Youtube and Google and let's go ahead a say FaceBook also as we will be talking about them next week, all make money hand over fist. If they were out spoken right wingers they would be under much more scrutiny. Now my but, I think it is good to make money. If you do not understand, anticipate, take responsibility to know your information that you post is going to be sold,used exploited then you need to wake up. Those sites are games, something like a luxury. I don't by the excuse, Oh I didn't know or that's not right they shouldn't do this or that, it's not fair whatever. The shooter didn't like what Youtube did. Oh well, so what. It is Youtubes ball and they make the rules. You have to be prepared for the guys with the ball to go home at any time.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am

Sparky of SoCal wrote:Tragic what happened. Youtube and Google and let's go ahead a say FaceBook also as we will be talking about them next week, all make money hand over fist. If they were out spoken right wingers they would be under much more scrutiny. Now my but, I think it is good to make money. If you do not understand, anticipate, take responsibility to know your information that you post is going to be sold,used exploited then you need to wake up. Those sites are games, something like a luxury. I don't by the excuse, Oh I didn't know or that's not right they shouldn't do this or that, it's not fair whatever. The shooter didn't like what Youtube did. Oh well, so what. It is Youtubes ball and they make the rules. You have to be prepared for the guys with the ball to go home at any time.

I don't think anyone is even remotely suggesting that the shooter was in any way justified. What I think people are saying is that YouTube bears a great deal of responsibility for what happened because they set up a situation in which an unstable person might be faced with more frustration than she could deal with. It was a predictable situation and they didn't give their rather drastic policy changes much thought. Tens of thousands of people lost monetization status on YouTube. What are the odds that none of them was going to get a bit bent out-of-shape over a loss of income? A lot of people put a lot of effort into creating videos which they post on YouTube. Some invest a lot of time, energy, and money into this task. To have the rug pulled out from beneath them was quite traumatic for some of these video creators. Others were more like...
:roll2:
However, the point is that you can't cause a lot of trauma to tens of thousands of people and expect everything to be peachy-keen!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:46 am

YouTube Users Lost Their Minds During Brief Outage
No one knows what caused the outage, but it probably has something to do with YouTube engineers attempting to integrate all sorts of unnecessary algorithms to further track user behavior and increase the number of ads viewed in an effort to appease the libtards in marketing.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment