Death By Soda?

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Death By Soda?

Postby tronagirl » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:37 am

I think it's a good idea to avoid plastic as much as possible when it comes to food. I'm not a total fanatic about it, but when there's a choice I go with glass or ceramic containers. I also avoid cans since most cans have plastic coating lining them. I think the risk of plastic probably isn't that big, but I try not to use chemicals anymore than necessary. I don't use insecticide or oven cleaners or anything else that's a cheimcal type of substance.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Death By Soda

Postby twister » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:23 am

tronagirl: What I've heard is that the main health concern with soda is osteoporosis. I've heard that there's a chemical that's in most flavors of soda that leaches calcium out of bones and weakens them over time. A lot of elderly people (especially women) wind up with osteoporosis and soda intake is considered to be a factor which increases the odds of the condition developing. So, not being a fanatic, I simply limit my intake of any form of soda.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Is Aspartame Safe?
This video does a good job of confirming what we already know and that's that aspartame is perfectly safe. Claims to the contrary convincingly debunked.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 am

Fizzling out: What’s behind the fall in soda sales?
This report misses some horribly obvious factors which have displaced soda sales. Energy drinks and bottled teas are just a couple drinks which have become increasingly popular during the last ten years. The report does mention bottled water, but that's just one of the competing products. The conclusion that people are becoming more health conscious is not supported by evidence.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby JanuaryJones » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 am

There has been a lot of negative press about aspartame and high fructose corn syrup in the last couple years. I think it's all just a publicity stunt to set up the launch of drinks sweatened with stevia. Nothing against stevia. I've used it off and on since the 1990s, but it's likely to be the next new thing that'll stimulate bottled and canned drink sales. It's all just marketing BS and not much more.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:27 am

Sugary Drinks Might Hurt Our Brains As Much As Stress Or Abuse
Sugar in food may be bad, but sugar in drinks is worse since it gets into the bloodstream much more quickly and then it bombards the brain.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:03 pm

5 ways Coke is battling fizzling soda sales
Death by soda is one thing, but it looks like beverage companies are busy battling the death of soda. Diversification seems to be the plan.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:46 am

twister: Diversification is usually a pretty good strategy and as long as people gotta drink, the company has the inside lane. Fizz or no fizz, it don't matter as long as people keep paying for their products!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby James Sel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Coke, sodas, pop, Jizz all the same to me
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:42 am

ASPARTAME IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF OBESITY
Alex Jones is more interested in selling his bogus health products, than discussing "the research" in an intellectually honest manner. Aspartame does not cause weight gain. That's a scientific fact. Some people who ingest aspartame may overeat and gain weight, but that's not in any way caused by aspartame. People who carefully control their caloric intake have successfully used aspartame as a source of sweetness for years and have lost or maintained weight without any problem. Aspartame has no biological effect that promotes or impedes weight loss.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment