Naked Nerf

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Naked Nerf

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 am

Students bare arms – and all – in Nerf Wars :eek:
I thought that Nerf guns were mostly for little kids, but apparently high school kids enjoy Nerf wars too only they have some fairly elaborate rules. One is that participants are “safe” from being shot if they are naked. Sounds kind of crazy to me, but apparently this is a new fad of some kind in some parts of the country.
NERF WAR RULES

• Participants are safe 30 minutes before and after their work shifts
• Participants are safe if they are naked
• Participants are safe while in people’s homes
• Participants are safe on school grounds
• Participants can be shot as soon as they leave school grounds
• Participants are safe when in area’s with private property signs
• Participants are not necessarily eliminated if shot, but could be out for that round

LINK: http://masonbuzz.com/2013/04/11/students-bare-arms-and-all-in-nerf-wars/
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Naked Nerf

Postby tronagirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 am

Annual Nerf Wars inspire public nudity, possible safety hazards :up2:
Maybe this is some kind of fad. According to this report it's a spring time tradition. It sounds like this is only popular in the Ohio area. There are supposed to be videos posted of this activity, but probably not with anyone playing in the nude. Just like Panamint Patty says, I thought that Nerf was a thing that was only popular with the ten and under crowd! Who knew?
School officials are trying to rein in a game they say encourages public nudity and safety hazards. Lakota students engage each spring in Nerf Wars using guns that shoot foam bullets, and under the rules, school, gyms and jobs are "safe zones." Students who are nude are considered "invincible."

LINK: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/butler-county/Annual-Nerf-Wars-inspire-public-nudity-possible-safety-hazards/-/13601510/19698542/-/cima7f/-/index.html
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 am

Annual Nerf Wars inspire public nudity, possible safety hazards
It's hard to believe that this is for real! HS kids into nerf and naked nerf on top of that?!! This is the craziest thing I've ever heard of!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CoolChick » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am

Authorities Clamp Down On Nerf Wars Game
Here's another report from last year and they're using Facebook to spread the word. The word must not be spreading too fast since this is the first I've heard of this sort of thing.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:10 am

Reminds me of playing naked twister!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:40 am

Sounds like most of this naked nerf stuff is happening in or near Ohio. Lots of inbred hillbillies around those parts! :laugh:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:16 am

The Naked NERF Firing Squad
Although I don't imagine that it is very painful, it probably is humiliating! :ack:
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.145904255474398.29731.129349390463218&type=3
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:28 pm

desertrat wrote:Sounds like most of this naked nerf stuff is happening in or near Ohio. Lots of inbred hillbillies around those parts! :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that hillbillies would use shotguns and that appearing naked in public would increase the likelihood of getting shot! So, don't blame this crazy game on inbred hillbillies, they're too busy inbreeding to play around with toy guns!
:funny:
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 am

Why do they call it Naked Nerf if 99% of the time nobody is naked. The rules simply state that while naked that the naked person can't be shot. It's not like they are all running around naked and shooting each other. Getting naked is like a time out. Something you might do if surrounded by a bunch of people and in need of an easy way to escape being shot.
:roll2:
On another note there's this which introduces a variation called "Strip-Nerf-Fighting":
When I play nude nerf, it is almost always with a friend, and it can be the product of strip-nerf- fighting, where you must remove an article of clothing when you are hit by a dart.

:up2:
For some reason the poster of the full message was banned from the message board where the message was posted. Not too sure why.
LINK: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21020
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:25 am

wildrose wrote:Why do they call it Naked Nerf if 99% of the time nobody is naked. The rules simply state that while naked that the naked person can't be shot. It's not like they are all running around naked and shooting each other. Getting naked is like a time out. Something you might do if surrounded by a bunch of people and in need of an easy way to escape being shot.
:roll2:
On another note there's this which introduces a variation called "Strip-Nerf-Fighting":
When I play nude nerf, it is almost always with a friend, and it can be the product of strip-nerf- fighting, where you must remove an article of clothing when you are hit by a dart.

:up2:
For some reason the poster of the full message was banned from the message board where the message was posted. Not too sure why.
LINK: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21020

Hopefully reposting the message here doesn't get you banned from THIS forum!!!
:laugh:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Next

Return to Recreation and Entertainment