The Perfect Sandwich

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: The Perfect Sandwich

Postby James Sel » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 am

salad sandwich :crazy2:

James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Unique Sandwich Combines Pickles & Peanut Butter :ack:
It's called the Pregnant Lady and it's not exactly my idea of the perfect sandwich, but I'm sure someone somewhere probably is craving one right now!
:yum2:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:46 am

Pregnant Lady? That's a funny stereotype, but I know no one including myself who craved a peanut butter and pickle sandwich while pregnant! A couple friends did munch a few pickles while they were pregnant, but I don't think they actually craved them. I'll take a peanut butter and jelly or a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich any day over one containing pickles!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:41 am

RE PREGNANT LADY: I eat pickles all the time and I ate about the same amount as usual while I was pregnant. But I don't think the myth about pickles is meant to be taken literally. I think it's just a way of saying that women sometimes crave unusual things while pregnant and I did actually have a weird desire to eat one of those Polish dogs with sauerkraut at Der Wienerschnitzel while I was pregnant. In fact I had a few and I wouldn't mind one now!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 am

'Food Babe' Blogger Calls Subway's Bread 'Dangerous'
Food blogger Vani Hari got more than 85,000 signatures demanding that Subway stop using azodicarbonamide as a food additive. The chemical agent found in yoga mats and shoe soles helps make bread fluffier and whiter and has already been banned across Europe, as well as in Britain and Australia.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:21 am

Azodicarbonamide? That doesn't sound like it would taste good or be good for you. According to Wikipedia azodicarbonamide is a chemical compound with the molecular formula C2H4O2N4. It is a yellow to orange red, odorless, crystalline powder. As a food additive, it is known by the E number E927. Interesting! They say it functions as a dough conditioner and somehow it makes bread fluffier or puffier. It would be interesting to sample bread with and without it just to see the difference it makes.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:22 am

Best sandwich spread ever: NUTELLA! Just tried it last week and it's so much better than peanut butter. All my life I went without trying it and now I swear that I will always have a jar in my frig and I'll never go back to peanut butter again!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:12 am

NUTELLA is essentially chocolate frosting! It has almost no nutritional value. Peanut butter is not a lot better, but it at least has some protein. IMHO the perfect sandwich is both nutritious and delicious, but if it is a dessert you want, Nutella with marshmallow creme between a couple slices of thinly sliced angel food cake is hard to beat! Not sure if that is quite exactly what you'd call an actual sandwich, but it sure looks like one!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:39 am

Deli Truck Collides With Bread Truck To Make Highway Hoagies :yum2:
With a little creativity this could have been a giant lunch break instead of a traffic jam!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Recreation and Entertainment