Duck Dynasty and Free Speech

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Duck Dynasty and Free Speech

Postby wildrose » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 am

It sounds to me like the public in general was manipulated and the end result was publicity for a dumb show about rednecks who like to shoot ducks. Reactionary liberals made a big deal about a few statements reflecting the personal beliefs of an old man, calling for him to be removed from the show and also, by the way, completely distorting what he ACTUALLY said in the process. In reaction, companies pulled their ads from the show and the network suspended the old man. Hardcore fans reacted by voicing support for the old man and protesting the actions taken by the network and companies that pulled ads. The network then gave in to the demands of the hardcore fans as did the companies that had pulled ads from the show. So, in the end all we have is a whole lot of publicity, some angry people, and not much else has changed. It's amazing how easily the public is manipulated by these little manufactured problems.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:02 am

Duck Dynasty Is Fake!
Nice rant! This guy goes after the Duck Dynasty guys in a rather aggressive manner and he backs it up with all sorts of evidence! I subbed to his channel after watching this rant. Great stuff!
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Great rant! That guy nailed those fakes so hard it's not even funny! Those pictures of them in their yuppy clothes completely blew their cover! Love the line about the the duck dynasty guys making phallic-shaped devices for other men to blow on. Just plain hilarious!
:laugh:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:31 pm

I don't watch the show but I was laughing like crazy when they were showing the pictures of what the people looked like before and after they got on the show. Looks like a silly network ploy to trick people out of surrendering their right to free speech in order to silence one outspoken white guy. I guess the important thing to remember is these guys are actors. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that them getting kicked off the show was part of the act too. Do you really think it's all real?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Recreation and Entertainment