Healthy Habits

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Healthy Habits

Postby wildrose » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:43 am

You Better Sit Down For This: Sitting Is Bad For Your Health :pac:
The TYT gang (minus Cenk) has a pretty good discussion about the problems caused by sitting for too long. A few ideas for how to counter the negative effects of sitting are also offered. Our species did not spend a lot of time sitting during the course of evolution, so it stands to reason that sitting (especially in chairs) might not be the best thing for our bodies.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Healthy Habits

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:12 am

Everything I've heard supports the contention that sitting is unhealthy. I've also heard that standing for long periods of time is also not so great for the body. Walking is supposed to be healthy, but too much walking could cause problems too. I'm thinking that the best strategy is to not spend too much time in any single positon or activity. Variety is the spice of life they say!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Colonoscopy Sweepstakes
I never win anything, but with my luck I'm almost for sure likely to win a contest like this one! Actually I'd have to enter my mom since she's in the right age group for this contest. I guess a colonoscopy is one of those things that requires a certain level of maturity in order to enjoy!
:shrug:
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Colonoscopy

Postby deathvalleyjake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:27 am

CoolChick: I wouldn't even enter that contest! I'm sure they're expensive and important to have done periodically, but I still wouldn't exactly be thrilled to win one! What's next? Maybe a free cremation sweepstakes? You can even keep the urn your ashes will be stored in on the mantel above the fireplace. How wonderful it will be to be able to see your eternal resting place on display in the livingroom everyday!
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Colonoscopy Contest

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 am

What? That's the prize? I suppose if you were planning on taking one and you didn't have insurance you might want to enter the contest, but otherwise forget it!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:10 am

Sitting Too Much Could Be Linked To Cancer: Study
Sitting on the couch watching TV could be just as bad as smoking... :scared:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 am

Beast Burger Packs Both Flavor and Nutrients in One Patty
No meat, but plenty of protein and other nutrients. I suppose "Beast Burger" sounds better than Veggie Burger, but that's basically what we're talking about here!
:roll2:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Beast Burger

Postby jarhead » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:52 am

panamint_patty: Why don't they just call it the HIPPIE BURGER. Damn hippies tend to be vegetarians anyways and the ones that aren't strict vegetarians have strong vegetarian tendencies, which is almost as bad!
jarhead
Greenhorn

Postby James Sel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:32 am

jarhead wrote:panamint_patty: Why don't they just call it the HIPPIE BURGER. Damn hippies tend to be vegetarians anyways and the ones that aren't strict vegetarians have strong vegetarian tendencies, which is almost as bad!

I associate jarheads more with ignorance than I associate hippies as vegetarians.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby jarhead » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 am

James Sel: What's the matter? Sounds like you're some kind of treehugger or something! Vegetarian hippie treehuggers should all be herded up and sent off to a big commune out in the middle of some nuclear test site in Nevada somewhere. They're all a waste of oxygen!
jarhead
Greenhorn

Next

Return to Recreation and Entertainment