Healthy Habits

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Healthy Habits

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 am

What The Bacteria In Your Gut Have To Do With Your Physical And Mental Health
Not only does what you eat have a direct effect on your biology, but there's also the indirect effect on your gut bacteria which in turn has a direct effect on your biology.
Of particular concern among scientists and the public is the effect that gut flora may have on mental health, as a mounting body of research suggests that gut bacteria can have a significant impact on the way we think, feel and behave, and also on the development of neurological conditions. Last year, a major neuroscience symposium called the investigation of gut microbes a “paradigm shift” in brain science.

LINK: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/12/gut-bacteria-health_n_6480580.html
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:12 am

The Healthiest Drink In The World
I completely endorse the drink which they conclude is the HEALTHIEST DRINK IN THE WORLD!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 am

How to make juicing easy | ZumaJuice.com
This sounds like a convenient way to get plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm

It's not that hard at all to buy vegetables and juice them in a juicer. The idea of healthy raw living juice goes out the window when it all gets processed and goes into a packet. If you buy a good quality juicer there is hardly any waste.

The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth is the best juicer on the market for the money. They go for about fifty bucks at Walmart or you can buy this one for under 25 dollars including shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... ition=used

Haven't watched this but if you are interested you might want to check it out.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 am

surfsteve: Juicing sounds like a messy thing to me and the ZumaJuice might be expensive, but the convenience is the big advantage. It's not like someone is going to haul two pounds of vegetables and a juicer to work so they can have some vegetable/fruit juice for lunch. ZumaJuice gives them that option. Not that I'm planning on purchasing any. Just sayin...
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:37 pm

‘Ecotherapy’ Suggests The Park Over Pills
The idea that exercising outside is more healthy than exercising in a gym does not surprise me in the least!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:34 am

twister: Sure, but it depends a lot on where you live and your work schedule. During the summer it's hard to exercise outside here and in NYC you're likely to get mugged if you go for a walk through the park and in any case in NYC you're likely to be fighting a crowd no matter what you do. Lots of places it's too cold to exercise outside So, yeah, if it's an option, then exercising outside is the way to go, but otherwise any exercise is better than none!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:53 am

Plan to end Daylight Saving Time in California advances
Governor Moonbeam and the Libtards are at it again! If this goes through it will make it harder for people to exercise in the afternoon since there will be one less hour before sunset. If anything instead of getting rid of Daylight Saving Time, we should stick to it all year around. So many people I know COMPLAIN about switching to Standard Time during the winter since it gives them less time after work to exercise and get things done. Of course, being retired, that's not too big of an issue for me, but when I was still working I dreaded winter because of the early sunset and the limited amount of daylight after work.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:56 am

Dark Mofo nude swimmers take winter solstice dip
Sounds like good, clean fun to me! This took place down in Australia somewhere between Melbourne and Sydney at a place called Hobart Beach. This is an annual event commemorating Winter Soltice.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Quadratus Lumborum Stretch (DO’S AND DON’TS!)
These stretches can really help loosen up the back!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment