Dinosaurs of Rock 'n' Roll

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Dinosaurs of Rock 'n' Roll

Postby shadylady » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 am

recluse: Such a wonderful and perfect post for this thread. The depth of meaning in this context is hard to comprehend fully. Such a beautiful song and video. And please you must forgive me...
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 pm

All Dead, All Dead: Unheard Freddie Lead Vocal and New Animated Video
I've watched the video five times and I've broke into tears each time. It's such an incredibly and beautifully poignant song and video. The story behind the song and the passing of Freddie Mercury increase the emotional intensity of the song. The world seldom sees artists of such depth and talent.
Perhaps most excitingly, we discover peak era Freddie Mercury vocals on a track that nobody outside Queen’s inner circle has heard him sing before at all – Brian May’s ‘All Dead, All Dead’. The original album version features May himself on vocals and the song deals with his experiences following the death of his childhood pet cat. In a 1983 interview with Guitar Magazine, May spoke about the song.

"That's one of my favourites. That was one of the ones which I thought came off best, and I was really pleased with the sound. It always gives me a surprise when I listen to it because it was meant to really bring tears to your eyes. It almost does it to me."

LINK: http://www.queenonline.com/news/all-dead-all-dead-unheard-freddie-lead-vocal-and-new-animated-video
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:10 am

How Fleetwood Mac Makes A Song
This video provides a captivating analysis of the song "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac. It's an incredibly simple song, but the sonic texture is complex and a lot of work went into elevating the song to its full potential.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 am

Fleetwood Mac Back on Charts Thanks to Internet Meme
It's got a good beat and you can dance to it... (See second video after watching first one.)

dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:17 am

The Eagles defeat the 'King of Pop' for the best-selling album of all-time
An album from the 70s eclipses an album from the 80s. I think that's approximately the correct time frame anyways. Correct me if I'm wrong.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Dinosaurs...

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:37 am

He wasn't a rock n roller, but Burt Reynolds was one heck of a stud during the height of his career. He made it to eighty-two years of age and he made many great movies as a legacy. It might not actually be rock n roll, but I like it!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:20 am

He had Jerry Reed as a freind and if you like that kind of music thats as good as it gets.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks for the reminder. I always loved Jerry Reed. Smoky and the Bandit and Amos Moses were two of my favorite songs back in the day and they were often played even on the rock and roll stations

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Burt Reynolds - Let's Do Something Cheap and Superficial 1980
The Rolling Stones should have done a cover version of this song! This song definitely has potential, especially if the violins were omitted!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:46 am

CactusHugger: Definitely a song that the Stones could have done around that time. It would have fit right in with the other songs on the Some Girls album. A few slight lyric changes and the Rolling Stones style and we'd have a pretty funny and enjoyable song!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment