YouTube Drama

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: YouTube Drama

Postby pcslim » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:58 am

YouTube Launches Social Justice Brigades Called Heroes
If you read the article and watched the videos in the previous post by MojaveMike, then you know a lot more about this YouTube Heroes program than he does. There are possible problems with the program, but the main thrust isn't necessarily censorship so much as amassing annotations. That being said, annotations can be used to more accurately censor videos, but that doesn't seem to be the main thrust of the program.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Feminist Onision Is Exploiting Underage Girls (Creepy Asshole) :laugh:
There's actually a bunch of people criticizing Onision (over 2 million subscribers) for including images of scantily clad underage girls in his videos. They send their pics to his message board and he looks them over and rates them. The girls actually want to be rated by Onision. He picks the most interesting images and includes them in videos where he comments on the attractiveness of each example. Some consider this behavior creepy, but Onision's followers (mostly girls around twelve or so) think he's the greatest... usually until they reach something like 16 or 17 years of age when they change their minds!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: YouTube Drava

Postby twister » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:47 am

CactusHugger: I saw a video where Onision did a pretty good job of putting what he does into proper perspective. Best I can tell, all this drama over Onision is just a bunch of jealous jerks trying to bring a popular YouTuber down. It happens all the time on YouTube. YouTubers without talent gang up and go after one that actually has talent. YouTube should probably have some kind of anti-slander policy to prevent this kind of predatory drama.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Defending PewDiePie From JK Rowling, Even Though I Hate Him And Used To Like Her.
This is an interesting situation to say the least...
Isn't it ironic that JK Rollins blindly accepts that PewDee Pie is a anti-semite when she and her books were unfoundedly called "tools of the devil."

I don't like Pewdiepie's work. Never have, it's vapid and grating. But with this outrage culture that is boiling up and out of control, where everything is offensive and we must all strip everything away until it is all sterile and consumable for everyone and inoffensive- With the media lying to us and abusing their power, I'll stand by Felix. Because this has to stop.

I don't believe YouTuber's are scrambling for "Those PewDiePie Crumbs". I don't believe they're dispassionate & just in it for the clicks. People care because they relate. They're interested because it's the current hot topic & a microcosm of a broader issue. They empathize because they're human. This has gotten to him & you can see it in his response. It's not right.

I agree that MSM are scared of this new media. Governments are too. I don't think this is a calculated attempt to behead the dragon though. I think three dickheads wrote a stupid, cunt article because they're stupid, deplorable cunts that didn't consider their actions. They're not calculating conspirators. They're defunct, clueless idiots scrambling for a story to grab their own clicks. It's a piss head idea for a story that made it to print before they sobered up. I don't think they had the first idea of the ruckus they would cause. The MSM are just surfing the waves of sensationalism.

CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:34 pm

PewDiePie's Response
Despite the actions of YouTube, Disney, and JK Rowlings, PewDiePie's numbers continue to grow. He'll probably hit 54 MILLION subscribers within a few days and this video is getting close to 11 MILLION views. He makes several good points in this video. He shouldn't have apologized for a single fucking thing!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dilbert » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:01 pm

MSM Tried To Destroy PewDiePie and OMG It Just Backfired! So ridiculous...
Assuming that this whole thing isn't just some kind of media stunt, it appears that Disney, YouTube, JK Rowlings, and the MSM have severely damaged their credibility.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby desertrat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:46 pm

I Was A Complete Idiot And Was Totally Wrong About PewDiePie
This whole outrage culture thing is a strange phenomenon. It's more or less the logical outcome of what Pinker describes in the most recent post to the Moral Panics thread.
Shit like this is why Trump won. If this outrage culture continues as it is, he'll be in for another term. Just saying.

desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:48 pm

JK Rowling's virtue signal silence?!
I've never been a Harry Potter fan, but I assumed that the author of that book series was not a complete fucktard. Apparently I was wrong...
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Is PewDiePie a Racist?
It would be funny and it would make great news if PewDiePie were able to sue the Wall Street Journal and put them out of business!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:27 pm

ergot wrote:It would be funny and it would make great news if PewDiePie were able to sue the Wall Street Journal and put them out of business!

It would be a good thing for the WSJ to pay a price, but YouTube should also pay a price for not inspecting videos posted to its own site before sanctioning their top contributor. I wonder how many people have cancelled their YouTube Red subscriptions in reaction. I wonder if anyone is organizing a boycott of YouTube Red.
dilbert wrote:Assuming that this whole thing isn't just some kind of media stunt, it appears that Disney, YouTube, JK Rowlings, and the MSM have severely damaged their credibility.

The media stunt hypothesis does seem a possibility since all the entities are getting publicity and all could potentially be benefiting from the drama. Who would be in cahoots with who is hard to say. In any case, media manipulation is objectionable.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment