GUN LAWS

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: No on Prop. 63

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:47 am

HUGE NEWS! California Gun Law Stopped! - The Legal Brief
This guy talks a lot about the Second Amendment issue, but not much about property rights. I predict that the state will win on the Second Amendment issue, but lose on the property rights issue. That will put a huge monetary burden on the state and the state will drop the law for that reason.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:48 am

ORDER GRANTING PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION
Here's the legal decision. All sixty-six pages of it. Discussion of the property rights (compensation) issue is towards the end.
LINK: http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Duncan-v.-Becerra_Order-Granting-Preliminary-Injunction.pdf
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 am

MojaveMike: Only in California! This state has so many stupid laws and regulations that it's ridiculous. I don't see how California continues to function. With all the red tape and bureaucratic crap that's built up over decades of stupid politicians pushing stupid legislation, it's amazing that the state doesn't drown in an ocean of stupidity!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:43 am

Any new information? It's been a couple months since the ruling by the judge in San Diego. What's the timetable look like? Is the state going to drop the matter or fight? Will it go all the way to the Supreme Court? If so, how long will that take?
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:40 am

Want To Murder Quietly? Republicans Want To Help.
As usual TYT misses the point which is probably why there are so many negative comments and why there are more thumbs down votes than thumbs up votes. They don't even consider the situation where someone lives in a rural area and gets sick and tired of hearing gunshots all day long during hunting season. Silencers don't render a gunshot silent, they just take it down a notch from ridiculously loud to very loud, but any reduction in the noise is welcome if you live near an area where people are hunting!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Gun Laws

Postby wildbill » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 am

Crazy people running around shooting people like what happened in Las Vegas makes it hard to justify not having strict gun laws. Limiting the size of gun magazines won't make any difference, but sometimes people just want to do something about a problem even if what they do won't do any good. After the Vegas shooting there will be a lot more infringements on the rights of gun owners, there's no disputing that fact.
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Las Vegas Shootings

Postby surfsteve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:31 am

I was surprised that even my non conspiracy friends came to the conclusion that the guy who was accused of doing the shooting was a patsy. It makes a lot more sense that the shootings were done by professional agitators who blew some guys brains out to take the blame for it.

Why would somebody go through all the trouble to kill all those people and not want to stick around for all the infamy? It makes much more sense that it was orchestrated by someone to be used as an excuse to take down our 2nd amendment rights.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Proof Las Vegas Shooting Was a FALSE FLAG Attack - Shooter on 4th Floor
This is pretty weak. Although I'll admit that it is remotely possible that there is more to this story, I'd say it's a long, long shot. (No pun intended.)
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 pm

I don't know what that light was in your video. Seems like it was some kind of strobe light. It's not clear if it's something installed by the hotel for some other purpose or if it was installed by shooter(s) to distract where the gun fire was coming from.

I saw a snap shot in one website showing 3 simultaneous points of light coming from the left of the strobe light suggesting there were three shooters in that location but the most damning piece of evidence against the official story is in the video below taken by a taxi driver who was apparently underneath the shooters on the third floor. In it the shots can be clearly heard to be coming from at least two different locations. It seemed like there were more than 2 but after listening to it a couple of times I think it's because of echos. Shots are heard in only the first few minutes of the video and the rest is of people getting in her taxi cab.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Las Vegas Shootings

Postby sandman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 am

CONSPIRACY THEORY: There's no shortage of people with political axes to grind, but there's even less of a shortage of people who are just plain nuts. This guy was pissed off and crazy and he had the resources to take a bunch of people down with him as part of his suicidal fantasy. Lots of things are conceivably possible, but probability is in favor of WYSIWYG.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment