Trey Gowdy

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Trey Gowdy

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:24 am

On the Hillary issue I saw a segment from an interview where he referred to the Clintons as good people and he said he does not want to hurt them. So, I'd say that he's not going after Hillary, which means that there won't be any special prosecutor. As for draining the swamp, that ain't happening either. In fact, most of the most vile creatures living in that swamp are being considered for jobs within the Trump administration. So, as usual, the campaign is one thing and what actually gets done, if anything, is quite another.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:00 am

You may very well be right. He's either back pedaling or he's politicking against the establishment. Let's hope for the later. What he said about going after Hillary was in the form of a promise. What he said later about him not "wanting" to go after her and that the Clintons were good people was rather vague. Did you see the Bill Still video I posted about him floating trial balloons; saying he had no intention what so ever of hiring some of the people he was suggesting; and was doing it to flatter them in order to soften them up and get them on his side? You have every right to be concerned but I prefer to wait and see what he actually does before casting judgement.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Jeff Sessions: A look at Trump's Attorney General pick
Not looking like Gowdy will be attorney general...
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:01 am

I would have been more excited if he'd picked Trey Gowdy for attorney general. Jeff Sessions would have made a good vice president. What will become of Trey Gowdy? I'd hate to see him simply forgotten. I'd like to see him be appointed as special prosecutor to the Clintons as Sandman suggested. That would make him the star (Ken Starr?) of the Clinton investigation and make it all worthwhile. If that's going to happen I suspect it wont be announced till after he becomes president and Obama is out of the way. It may not even happen at all if she is pardoned. Right now Obama is a wildcard and we are at the most dangerous time of his presidency; he doesn't need to be scared into doing anything crazy like starting world war three before leaving office. It would be nice if he were prosecuted as well. I didn't see him as being a good president but it's hard to believe he could "f" up this country even more than Bush did!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Trey Gowdy's Fierce Warning To Obama About Threatening The Constitution
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Trey Gowdy Meets A Genius
Gowdy can be a funny guy sometimes!
Last edited by BoraxBill on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Liberal Gun Control Advocate Stumped By Trey Gowdy
Relentless. I may not agree with him on everything, but he is relentless! BTW, I happen to agree with him on this particular issue!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BallaratBob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 am

Trey Gowdy Finds Out Susan Rice Had The Ability To Unmask US Citizens Names
Gowdy has a very precise and organized way of asking questions.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrgreen » Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Trey Gowdy: Confident Comey is stable, trustworthy
Gowdy does a good job of explaining the role of congress and the dangers of making hasty accusations in this quick interview.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Sun May 14, 2017 7:20 am

GAME CHANGER: Trey Gowdy Just Sent THIS Surprise Message to Donald Trump. Incredible.
I doubt he'll get the job. He seems too competent and it seems that complete incompetence is a prerequisite to being hired for any job in government.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues