Internet Memes

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Internet Memes

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am

‘Illusion & Delusion’: Trump adviser uses flashcards to comment on alleged Trump-Russia collusion
Funny, funny, funny! :poop:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:30 am

John Oliver Joins The 'Trump Attacked Me On Twitter' Hall Of Fame
In all likelihood, Oliver's staff did ask Trump to be on their show and so it would appear that John Oliver is the liar and not Trump, but that's all besides the point.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 am

To Be Continued... Apparently 'Roundabout' by Yes has been used extensively in what is known as the To Be Continued meme. Other songs used include 'Walk Like an Egyptian' and 'Stardust Crusaders'. Somehow this is all connected to a Japanese manga series called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. With all the memes going around, it might take a degree in memeology to keep up with them all. Please tell me that there is no such thing as memeology! LOL
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 am

I've given up on memes. There are so many idiosyncratic and totally irrelevant memes that are popular in various circus sideshows that I've just lost interest in the topic. The internet is like a giant circus without any main acts, just a bunch of sideshows, most of which are not worth paying attention to.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Trump's 'Rocket Man' comment takes off
I don't actually take my words back (referring to my previous post), but this is kind of funny.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:46 am

panamint_patty: I just watched a couple videos on YouTube of Rocket Man. Fun nostalgia and pretty funny at the same time. Trump is at the least entertaining and I can't say I disagree with everything he does. He's not a great leader, but he is good for a laugh every now and then and ultimately isn't that what we really need?
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 am

drdesert: No Trump is not a great leader, but he's not the disaster many expected him to be either. George Bush called himself the decider. Obama was the divider and I guess Trump could be called the distractor. None were great presidents, but I've gotten to the point where my expectations are no longer very high. In fact, I'll be happy if we manage to avoid disaster over the course of the next few years!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 am

shadylady: The disaster that worries me the most is the possibility that Hillary Clinton could be elected as president in 2020. We can survive a Trump presidency, but our chances would be very bad with the Hildawg in charge!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:18 pm

I JOINED THE MEME TEAM :smack:
Is this doomed to fail like the guy in this video says? I don't know, if the site generates 100,000 memes and only one becomes influential, then it wasn't a complete waste of time. On the other hand, it might be cheaper to just hire a PR team, but who knows.....
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:12 am

Memes in danger: Youtube and Twitter declare war on ‘doctored images’
Because social media companies believe that viewers are too stupid to think for themselves....
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets