TJUSD Board Meeting - February 08, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - February 08, 2018

Postby sandman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 am

wildrose: All this talk of gun control really just distracts from actually dealing with the problem. There are concrete things that can be done and which should be done without delay. If the braindead morons in Sacramento would pull their brainless heads out of each other's asses for a few minutes it might be possible for them to make emergency funds for door upgrades available in a timely manner. But no, they'd rather obstruct the Trump agenda in anyway possible. What a bunch of sorry losers!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Teacher is allegedly suspended for voicing safety concerns
This school district is in such BIG TROUBLE. They might as well start writing the check now. It'll be seven figures without a doubt! It's amazing how such incredibly stupid people often become administrators!
:laugh:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 am

Teacher accused of sexual relationship with teen appears in court
She was charged with two counts of Lewd and Lascivious Battery and one count of Transmission of Harmful Material to a Minor by Electronic Device or Equipment.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Bulletproof / Stormproof safe rooms for schools
I'd hate to see how much one of these costs, but it is an interesting idea.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm

shadylady wrote:Teacher accused of sexual relationship with teen appears in court
She was charged with two counts of Lewd and Lascivious Battery and one count of Transmission of Harmful Material to a Minor by Electronic Device or Equipment.

Wasn't there a situation involving the Transmission of Harmful Material to a Minor by Electronic Device or Equipment with one of the coaches at the school? What was done about that case?
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:59 am

panamint_patty: I think you are referring to this:
mrgreen wrote:
twister wrote:
blackturtle.us wrote:4) Public Comments - There were a lot of people who wanted to address the board this month. All were concerned about the selection of a cheer coach. Ten individuals addressed the board. Approximately half spoke on behalf of one person and the other on behalf of another person. There was a letter with twenty-five signatures mentioned, but not presented to the board, and for the most part different people simply expressed their preferences for one person or the other. However, there was one issue which was particularly troubling. Apparently one of the cheer coach candidates had sent an extremely inappropriate text message to one of the students on the cheer squad. That coach admitted that she had sent the text, but instead of acknowledging how inappropriate it was for her to send the message, she attempted to excuse her behavior in a manner which was utterly unconvincing and made it seem that she failed to comprehend the seriousness of what she had done. The message was read out loud for the board and it was extremely graphic with a long list of slang terms for anal sex being used. Basically, it was the kind of thing that would have gotten a teacher fired without question.

I'm aware of the drama involving cheerleading at the high school. I've seen some of the online postings and heard a few stories.
:roll2: Lots of drama! People need to get a life!!!

Sending obscene material to a minor? Isn't that an actual crime for which one could be arrested? How is this person being considered for a job working with children?

It's from the June 08, 2017 board meeting report: http://www.tronanews.us/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=515
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:23 am

Homework Hotline
Charles Barkley does a great job in this funny skit!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 pm

panamint_patty: That little incident was quickly swept under the carpet mostly because there was a bigger scandal unfolding at about that same time involving the husband of a board member. The board member resigned a month or two later and last I heard the husband is still in prison. Fun times in Trona!

BTW, I completely agree with what mrgreen had to say, but to my knowledge nothing was done.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 am

tronagirl: I seem to remember bits and pieces of both stories. I get the feeling that justice favors women when it comes to this sort of thing. One gets the book thrown at him and the other is ever so lightly patted on her wrist.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 pm

School District Says Investigation Of Trump Piñata Video A 'Personnel Matter'
This is not appropriate behavior at a public school. Any staff member who allowed this to take place should be reprimanded at the least. I don't think this warrants firing the staff member, but it should be dealt with in a manner which sends a clear message.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News