Cold War 2.0

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Cold War 2.0

Postby shadylady » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:21 am

Bombs Away - Welcome to Cold War 2.0 :bomb:
I'm a part-time fan of blackturtleshow and since the guy who runs that YouTube channel also runs this message board, I thought I'd pay him a complement and post this video. It's really appropriate. The video was posted yesterday evening about the same time that Trump bombed Syria. He must have been working on the video for at least awhile and so that was probably coincidental, but it's still great timing! But more importantly I think this latest incident marks the official beginning of Cold War 2.0. Like most colds it came on slowly, but there's that moment when you realize that you really do have a cold and it's not just the sniffles. That time was last night. Thanks blackturtleshow!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Cold War 2.0

Postby ergot » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 am

Tsar bomba 3300 times more powerful than hiroshima bomb!!!
A big one like this in the middle of NYC would probably kill everyone in the city and probably then some.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby blackturtle.us » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks shadylady!!!
Here's a link to more info about the song: http://www.blackturtle.us/SONGS/NEWPAGES/bomb.html
The song was originally written back in the 1980s while I was attending UCSD. A recording with the band I was in of the song as it existed at that time is included at the bottom of the page.
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dilbert » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:18 pm

How JFK Almost Caused World War 3
Who knows what went on behind the scenes this time around?!! :shrug:
BTW, cool video blackturtle.us!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 am

Tucker: Why is Washington united behind a war in Syria?
This was probably posted already in one of the threads, but it's worth reposting. It's obvious that the vast majority of Americans were against the missile attack and that most doubt that Syria used chemical weapons. Just look at the stats for this video, one of the few against the attack, versus those voicing support for the attack. It's overwhelmingly obvious that the people of America stand against this unjustifiable use of force. The media is doing the BIG LIE routine as usual and will keep at it in hopes of convincing Americans that their lie is the truth. Americans are skeptical and rightfully so and the media keeps providing more and more reason to be skeptical.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby hokey smokes » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

shadylady and blackturtle.us: Love the video and while I'm at it I hear that this new Cold War might be the perfect cure for Global Warming. Neutralized just like that! Anyone seen Boris and Natasha lately?
hokey smokes
Greenhorn

Postby mrgreen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Act of War: The Real Reason Syria was Attacked
Many people have reached this same conclusion, but it's particularly eloquently expressed in this video.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:31 am

I like Trump's vision of the USA and Russia working closely together. Too bad the Neocons won't let it happen. I think the interests of the USA and Russia are quite compatible and that an alliance between our two nations would lead to an incredibly stable and efficient world. The Neocons see things differently for some reason. Not sure what their big beef is with the Russians!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 am

The corporate media talks like this new Cold War is the fault of the Russians, but it's obvious that it's completely the fault of politicians here in the USA. We got mad when Russia stepped in at the request of the Assad government. We instigated the insurgence in Ukraine. We decided to impose all sorts of ridiculous sanctions. Russia never acted against us, but we acted against Russia. REPEATEDLY!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 am

desertrat: It's worse than that. We also make up a lot of BS to excuse our actions. We blame Russia for just about anything and everything. It's beyond crazy. I wish we could replace all our federal politicians and bureaucrats and start all over with Russia. I agree with MojaveMike when he says that we have a lot in common with Russia. Together we could make this world more stable. Fighting each other we could cause the extinction or our species!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to News and Issues