Cold War 2.0

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Cold War 2.0

Postby shadylady » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:46 am

If the MSM were saying all these things about Israel, there would be screams of anti-Semitism all over the place. Why it's okay to bash one country and not another I don't know. I think most people would agree that Israel has done more to influence the outcome of elections in the USA than has Russia. Israel has also committed many barbaric crimes against humanity. If we wanted, we could create a long list of reasons to bash Israel. So why is it that it's okay to bash Russia, but not okay to even suggest that Israel has done anything wrong?
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am

shadylady: IMHO Israel is an evil nation. Russia has more integrity than does Israel. Choose your friends wisely, they say. Again IMHO it would make more sense to be friends with Russia than with Israel and it's not necessarily an one or the other type of situation.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:54 am

Russians Hacked My Wi-Fi! - The UK and US Accuse "Evil Russkis" Of Hacking Millions of Home Routers
Apparently it's okay for the FBI, NSA, or CIA to hack your computer or router without a warrant, but if the Russians do it then it's an outrage!
:roll2:

Russia killed the Dinosaurs! New sanctions coming soon! :cry2:
Dam Russians clogged my toilet yesterday! :curse:
Siberia spreading cold weather around in Europe. Expect sanctions soon! I'm freezing! :smack:
You evil Russkies!!! ONLY the NSA is allowed to hack us Americans! :nono:

desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am

All sorts of jokes going around about Russian trolls and bots causing all the craziness regarding the Starbucks situation. There are fake coupons going around and all sorts of fake apologies and other hoaxes regarding Starbucks and to double the craziness a lot of it is being blamed on Russian trolls and bots. It's sort of a mixing of memes and just another examples of how crazy things are here in the USA.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Russian Bot
I like the way blackturtle.us explains this song:
Have you ever been accused of being a Russian bot or troll? Sometimes it seems that unless you agree with the approved media narrative that there is an attempt to marginalize your opinion. This may take the form of name-calling, demonitization, algorithmic demotion, deletion of a video or comment, or any number of possible alternative strategies.

The best antidote to propaganda is the truth. Confronted with the truth, purveyors of propaganda usually double down. They may resort to name-calling or various forms of intimidation or construction of more elaborate fabrications in order to support their initial false claims. They wholeheartedly believe the old adage known as the Big Lie: If you tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough, people will eventually believe it.

shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 am

shadylady: Sounds about right. It's easier to call someone a name than to debate them head on. Fake news, alternate facts, and all that stuff is a problem, but we get it from both sides in most cases. The MSM has proved itself to be very untrustworthy in recent years, with this recent Syria situation being an especially good example of either sloppy journalism or intentional propagandizing.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 am

I'm a Russian bot! At least that's what I've been told! LOL
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:22 am

ergot wrote:I'm a Russian bot! At least that's what I've been told! LOL

I knew it! Your failure to automatically blame Russia for everything gave you away!
:laugh:
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 am

There's been a bit less about Russia in the news for the last couple weeks. Either Russia is laying low or the MSM narrative is changing. Maybe Russia will become less of a focus of attention as the focus turns toward North Korea and Iran. Of course, Russia has ties with both of those countries and so the focus could go back to Russia at any time.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 am

CrustyOldFart: Maybe the MSM has figured out that the more they try to smear Russia and Putin, the more popular Putin becomes. The best thing they can do is just not mention Russia or Putin at all. That way Russia seems less important and Putin gets less free publicity.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues