Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby mrfish » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 am

sandman: ARGUSIFICATION. I like that word and it describes perfectly what is now happening. Not likely that the trend will reverse itself either. Pioneer Point will soon be a slum unless people do something to turn things around.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:18 am

NEIGHBORHOOD FLOWERS: The white primrose flowers are quite nice. I also like the desert dandelions and the blazing star. It's nice to see the entire area all bright and colorful for a few weeks and I love it when wildflowers grow in my yard.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:17 am

wildrose: Love the flowers and they're everywhere right now. It would be great if this would last a little longer than usual, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts! Some people can't tell the difference between wildflowers and weeds, but I think it's simple. If it produces a pretty flower then it's a wildflower!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:52 am

‘Flintstones’ House Declared ‘Public Nuisance’ By California Town
No trash or broken down cars in the front yard and no indication that she's disturbing the peace. Sounds like a model neighbor to me!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:32 am

A friend of mine told me that a week or two ago she was traveling up the street by Trails and she saw a motorcycle pass right through a stop sign about a block above her. What was especially concerning to her was that the person operating the motorcycle appeared to be a child probably still in grade school. We got to talking about that and I've seen similar things happen with increasing regularity recently. Does the sheriff do anything to stop such dangerous behavior anymore?
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:48 am

panamint_patty: That scenario has been a common occurrence for years. There have been a number of close calls and there have been minor accidents, but nothing that serves as a wake up call to local law enforcement. It's only a matter of time...
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dustdevil » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am

Although I grew up in Trona, I spend more time in Rc now than in Trona, but I still visit friends a couple times a month in Trona. And my observation is that I've seen small children riding around all over the place causing all sorts of near collisions without the slightest sign of an adult supervising them many, many times in Trona, but not once have I witnessed such a scene in Rc. Not saying it doesn't happen in Rc, but I think Kern County knows how to run a town and maintain order. San Bernadino County not so much! They send the bottom of the barrel flunkies to pretend to do their jobs in Trona and like wildrose says it's only a matter of time...
dustdevil
Greenhorn

Postby defcon » Sat May 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Inside The $2.8 Million Real Life Flintstone Home
If I had a neighbor like Florence Fang I would consider myself to be extremely fortunate. She seems quiet and considerate and extremely creative and intelligent.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby KissMyTail » Tue May 07, 2019 6:13 am

defcon: Most people place too much importance on the visual aspects of a good neighbor. The only thing I ask of a neighbor is that they keep their noise to themselves. I really hate noisy neighbors. Although nosey neighbors can be annoying and it's nice to have helpful and friendly neighbors, the only thing that really matters to me is that they not bother me with their noise.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:53 am

Cats in Sacramento found brutally dismembered
Was it the work of a coyote or a deranged human? It's difficult to determine the answer to that one, but here's an idea: KEEP YOUR CATS IN AT NIGHT!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News