Medical Breakthroughs

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Medical Breakthroughs

Postby surfsteve » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 am

I read somewhere that zinc deficiency is the cause of herpes. Most protocols include taking a zinc supplement internally and applying a zinc ointment on the affected area. Zinc levels are also depleted from the sun and physical exercise so athletes need to be especially concerned. There is a liquid called Zinc Challenge that you can use at home to check your zinc levels by holding it in your mouth and tasting it. Most people are moderately to severely deficient in zinc already. Actually due to modern farming practices, most people are deficient in all trace minerals which can cause all kinds of problems and is easily corrected by adding a trace mineral supplement to their drinking water. I have a 5 stage water purification system under my sink to remove fluoride and other harmful minerals. It also removes the good minerals so I use a supplement called Concentrace to remineralize my water and replace all the good ones that were taken out along with an extra eyedropper full of zinc in each gallon because I am especially physically active.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 am

The HIV Genome
If the structure of the genome exists, then obviously the virus exists! Or so the "hacks" (/s) at Yale University would have us believe! :smack:
LINK: http://www.yale.edu/bio243/HIV/genome.html
-------
The "hacks" (/s) at the University of California seem to also believe the same thing. Could it all be a grand conspiracy? :roll:
LINK: http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite?page=kb-02-01-02
------
Pretty thorough understanding of the structure of this "imaginary" (/s) virus!
LINK: http://www.hiv.lanl.gov/content/sequence/HIV/MAP/landmark.html
-----
I could continue, but I think you probably get the idea by now!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby a2z » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 am

shadylady wrote:
pcslim wrote:VIROLOGY - CHAPTER ELEVEN HERPES VIRUSES
The science of herpes is pretty clear. The misinformation cited by SurfSteve should be recognized as the ranting of fools who have no clue what they're talking about.

PCSLIM: I agree that the science of herpes is solid and easy to understand, but I think that the difference between the claims made in the links posted by SurfSteve and the information you present is largely semantic. For instance, the statement "Cure Herpes by Curing Fungus!" shows a misunderstanding of the difference between curing something and managing it. Herpes outbreaks can be virtually eliminated through proper dietary measures. An infected person might actually go years between outbreaks. To a lay person that seems like a cure, although it isn't since the infection still remains. All that's changed is the expression of the infection. Rather than berating someone because they lack a strong background in science, it's probably better to point out their errors in a kind and patient manner. I know that this apparent disagreement regarding herpes is reminiscent of the feud between evolutionists and creationists, but try to ignore that and assume that the person you are addressing is capable of understanding scientific concepts.

If you want a magic pill that will enable you to be able to eat and do whatever you want and not get sick as if nothing ever happened than maybe there is no cure. If a person can remain symptom free for the rest of their life by managing a proper regimen including diet, I don't know what else to call it.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:47 am

shadylady wrote:
pcslim wrote:VIROLOGY - CHAPTER ELEVEN HERPES VIRUSES
The science of herpes is pretty clear. The misinformation cited by SurfSteve should be recognized as the ranting of fools who have no clue what they're talking about.

PCSLIM: I agree that the science of herpes is solid and easy to understand, but I think that the difference between the claims made in the links posted by SurfSteve and the information you present is largely semantic. For instance, the statement "Cure Herpes by Curing Fungus!" shows a misunderstanding of the difference between curing something and managing it. Herpes outbreaks can be virtually eliminated through proper dietary measures. An infected person might actually go years between outbreaks. To a lay person that seems like a cure, although it isn't since the infection still remains. All that's changed is the expression of the infection. Rather than berating someone because they lack a strong background in science, it's probably better to point out their errors in a kind and patient manner. I know that this apparent disagreement regarding herpes is reminiscent of the feud between evolutionists and creationists, but try to ignore that and assume that the person you are addressing is capable of understanding scientific concepts.

After seeing SurfSteve's most recent replies I take back what I said. He is engaging in exactly the same tactics that creationists use to refute the theory of evolution. To say that the images of viruses aren't what scientists say they are is about the most ignorant claim I've ever heard. The peer review process provides a solid mechanism against mistakes such as the type that SurfSteve refers to. However, I am absolutely convinced that no amount of evidence will change his mind since he will always find some barely relevant reason to cling to his doubt. I'm a skeptic, but I'm not stubbornly stupid and to claim that scientists don't have a solid understanding of many aspects of the structure and behavior of viruses is beyond unreasonable.
:soap:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 am

surfsteve wrote:The Borax Conspiracy
How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

People with a deficiency in any particular mineral or vitamin will see dramatic health benefits if the deficiency is reversed, BUT most people are not likely to suffer from a boron deficiency. Here are the symptoms of a boron deficiency, btw:
Boron deficiency symptoms include weakening of the bones, joint pain, and other symptoms commonly associated with osteoporosis and arthritis. Individuals suffering from a boron deficiency might excrete calcium in the urine. It is also thought that a boron deficiency might lead to the formation of kidney stones as a result of higher levels of calcium and magnesium deposits in the bloodstream. Cognitive brain function might also be affected by a boron deficiency.

Sources of boron:
Individuals with a boron deficiency can increase levels of the nutrient by consuming foods rich in boron. These include fresh fruits such as apples, grapes, and pears. Leafy vegetables, carrots, nuts, and grains are also good sources of boron. Calcium and vitamin D levels can also be improved by taking boron supplements.

So, while boron might seem to be a miracle cure when administered to someone with a boron deficiency, it would do nothing to help a person not suffering from such a deficiency (and the symptoms of boron deficiency are not uniquely caused by a deficiency in boron). It is unlikely that many people would benefit from the use of boron supplements, but it is something worth considering and something that should be easily detected with a blood test.
LINK: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-boron-deficiency.htm
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 am

I would definitely give coconut oil a try before I would let someone put a pace maker inside my brain but you do whatever you think is best. Just keep your government's thieving lying hands off my supplements and natural cures! It's not the saturated fats that are bad for you. It's the trans fats and the artificially hydrogenated ones. Wishful thinking to me is doctors believing that they are gods and that only their barbaric medicines and procedures can help people.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:14 am

Testimonials are a good way to get a feeling of what to expect. I will start by giving my own. Coconut oil (extra virgin) helps eliminate my cravings for junk food. It gives me an uplifting, non stimulating type of energy. If I stop taking it for more than a few days I just don't feel right. At first I didn't like the fact that it made everything taste like coconut, even though it was good at first I soon got sick of it. But after a few weeks or so I got used to it and it started tasting good again. It's kind of expensive. Two to three times the price of olive oil but worth every penny. If I could afford it I would eliminate olive oil and only use Hemp and Coconut oils in everything I ate. With the price as high as it is now I bet a lot of farmers are planting coconut trees. Maybe even a few more people in their back yards!

Here are some interesting testimonials of what other people have to say about using coconut oil.

http://www.coconutdiet.com/testimonies.htm

http://www.coconut-oil-central.com/coco ... nials.html

I don't recall any of them mentioning Alzheimer's. It was odd that it came up as a cure when I googled alternative cures for the disease. I don't doubt for a second that it would be a really good thing to take for it though. The worst thing I imagine to take would be clams, oysters, seafood or anything containing toxic heavy metals. I love those canned smoked oysters but they give me a brain fog like you wouldn't believe that last for days!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

surfsteve wrote:Perhaps I should have said the virus is caused by lack of zinc. Viruses are not very well understood by modern medicine. As of yet nobody has ever seen or photographed the AIDS virus. They can only detect the presence of antibodies your body makes to fight the symptoms. I wouldn't be surprised to discover the same is true about the herpes "virus" and perhaps of all viruses.

RE: As of yet nobody has ever seen or photographed the AIDS virus.
Not actually true! However, you can't take a picture of the virus with a conventional camera.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby a2z » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Next

Return to Technology and Gadgets