Dietary Supplements

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Dietary Supplements

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 am

Boron, One of the Most Deficient Trace Minerals
At the end of the video this guy says, "If you're gonna take boron, I'd try to find a product with all the trace minerals with it, like in a blend of all the trace minerals cuz anytime you take one mineral of anything without the other minerals, it can create a problem if you take it longterm."
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:19 am

Actually you can take 20 mule team borax. The only problem is you only need a few tiny grains because you need so little of it. If you buy a supplement, odds are it's nearly all filler with a little boron added to it.

BORON CAN ALSO BE ABSORBED THROUGH THE SKIN. I am lazy and don't bother to sort out my clothes when I wash them so I use borax instead of bleach in every load. Not only does it make my clothes super clean without bleach, but gives me a good chance to absorb my daily boron. Boron is the active ingredient in color safe bleach. No need to spend extra money on it. Just buy borax instead.

It also makes a nice household cleaner and germ killer.

Oh and I almost forgot. I use borax and water in a spray bottle as an underarm deodorant. I'll bet we also absorb quite a bit of boron by breathing in dust from the lake and fumes from the plant, though I suspect the later contains more harmful chemicals than good ones!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:31 am

I also take CONCENTRACE trace mineral drops and extra magnesium in the form of magnesium glycinate and potassium ascorbate occasionally when I work out; and always add extra magnesium, potassium chloride (because it tastes salty) and a little manganese to my celtic sea salt, to ensure I get a wide variety of minerals instead of only sodium chloride. If I didn't use so much borax in cleaning and so forth I suppose it would be a good idea to add a little to my salt mixture. But I wouldn't want to go overboard with my supplementing. Ha ha. When I use salt I use all the salt I want because I know the wide variety of minerals in my custom salt blend will not give me high blood pressure.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Dietary Supplements MONOLAURIN

Postby surfsteve » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 am

One of the few supplements I take is monolaurin. I used to take it only when I had a cold or flu symptoms. It works like magic for that. Monolaurin is a coconut extract that is especially present in coconut oil. It mainly functions like an anti-viral or antibiotic. Lately I've been suspecting that my aching joints might be caused by viruses instead of old age. I've read theories that rheumatism might be a virus that caused the joints to wear out and not just the joints themselves getting old. I've been afraid to take too much monolaurin too often and that the pathogens might become immune to it. I've searched and searched and can not find a single thing to support the theory that monolaurin was like antibiotics in this respect but never the less it's a possibility.

I've read a few reviews from people saying that monolaurin helped their joint pain and have been taking sustained higher amounts of monolaurin and it is definitely working for joint pain. If I feel a cold or a cold sore coming on I only have to take it a day or 2 to get rid of it. It makes sense that I would have to take it a lot longer for it to work on joint pain than on a cold or cold sore because a cold sore is only skin deep but aching joints go clear to the bone. It's been close to two weeks and I feel a huge difference in my joints. Could it be that some joint pains can be caused by a virus? It certainly seems that way. I just hope that the viruses the monolaurin kills don't mutate and become immune to it the way they can from taking antibiotics.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 am

ergot posted a video listing thirteen supplements that will turn back the clock. Here's the list: nicotinamide riboside, fisetin, collagen protein, acetyl-l-carnitine, whey protein, PQQ, polyphenols, keto prime, D-ribose, zinc and copper, vitamins A-D-K, curcumin, and apigenin. The video ergot posted is more like an advertisement for a particular line of supplements than anything else, but just the same the list might have some merit.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby torn80 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 am

wildrose: So I've heard that too much protein can be a problem and so supplementing with collagen protein, acetyl-l-carnitine, and whey protein doesn't sound like great advice. I need to read more about PQQ, but keto prime is an obvious product plug. Sounds more like someone out to sell something than someone offering good health advice!
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:51 am

5 Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Interesting information presented in a concise video.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cloud » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:52 am

How To Take Ashwagandha | How Long You Can Take It + How To Avoid Tolerance
This sounds like it might be useful. Then again, it might be a waste of money. :shrug:
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby rainbow » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:11 am

APIGENIN Supplement & Senescence
The way this guy explains things is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense.
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:28 am

5 Natural Anti-CD38 Compounds:

Taxifolin is the flavonoid antioxidant dihydroquercetin. It inhibits cancer cells, lowers inflammation, and is useful in the treatment of cardiovascular and chronic liver disease.
Apigenin is also a flavonoid antioxidant. Apigenin crosses the blood-brain barrier to lower inflammation, improve cell function, enhance brain health, and has anticancer effects.
Luteolin is another flavonoid found in plants and medicinal herbs. It lowers inflammation, has anticancer properties, and regulates estrogen metabolism.
Callistephin is the anthocyanin, a type of flavonoid that makes foods dark blue, like blueberries and wine grapes. And, pomegranates are good sources of callistephin.
Kuromanin is an anthocyanin found in mulberry leaves, chrysanthemum, hibiscus, black currants, red raspberries, lychees, and Peruvian purple corn.

Potentially some of this might be helpful.
MORE INFO: https://drjewilliams.com/how-to-reach-the-100-year-life-with-nad/
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets