Social Media Trends

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Social Media Trends

Postby wabbit » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:08 am

Why did a tennis legend come after Greg Gutfeld?
There are lots of squabbles on social media. This one is between Greg Gutfeld and Martina Navratilova. Greg finds it amusing and it might be interesting to see how Martina Navratilova reacts. Maybe she'll come on his show and they'll have a discussion, debate, argument, or who knows!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby sandman » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:11 am

Missouri AG: The censorship we uncovered should scare every American
Censorship is anti-American. Free speech is our most important value. Democracy doesn't work without free speech.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:47 am

Parlor, Gab, Telegram, Etc.
Is it a good thing that there are so many different social media platforms? Did Kanye West go too far with his defcon comment? I don't think so, but it was intentionally misinterpreted to make West look bad. I'm no fan of West, but I do believe in being fair and he is not being treated in a fair manner. That much is obvious and indisputable.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:58 am

Elon Meltdowns Just Getting Started Now That He's in Full Control of Twitter!
It should be interesting to see what happens over the next few days, weeks, and months.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:19 am

Social media and political polarization in America
Comparing social media to cigarettes is a bit of a stretch. In the case of cigarettes manufacturers deliberately put ingredients into their products which are addictive. In the case of social media what we have is a natural social process where those who are the most expressive get the most attention. It may be that people resort to bad behavior to get attention and that social media is thereby rewarding bad behavior, but that's an inherent problem with free speech, not a deliberate manipulation of the so-called ingredients of the product. Having curators control what we see is far more dangerous since then a single agenda can be more easily amplified.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Elon Musk takes AOCs Blue checkmark
I wouldn't pay $8/mo for a blue check mark on Twitter, but, then again, I don't spend much time on Twitter and so it's not worth much of anything at all to me.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:52 am

$8 Verified Twitter Account Discontinued
The experiment didn't work out so well. Lots of unhappy prominent Twitter users.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:33 am

Why Coding is DEAD... and how to make money online.
This guy makes a lot of good points, but he's not entirely correct. There are lots of opportunities to create and innovate when it comes to software, but they aren't as obvious as they were for awhile back when the internet was ramping up.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby a2z » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:12 pm

pcslim: The way I see it technology progresses in plateaus. There's a period of rapid development and then a slow period before the next period of rapid development. That's the long-term pattern. Just because we're currently in a slow period doesn't mean that coding is dead. It's just that things have temporarily slowed down. The next period of rapid development could be a few months or a few years into the future, but it'll happen. It's not like we've run out of things to invent and so technology can be improved and eventually a few people capable of brilliant insights will get things going again sooner or later.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:03 am

TRUMP RETURNS to TWITTER! Account REINSTATED by Elon! Liberals Melting Down!
It's about time! Trump's account should have never been deleted in the first place! :smack:
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment