Board Update

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Board Update

Postby admin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 pm

You probably notice that there are new forums and that some old forums are being deleted. The focus of this message board is changing. Let me know what you think of the changes and feel free to make suggestions. If you are trying to sign up for an account on the board send me a message at info@tronanews.us so that I can spot your account request in the long list of spam requests that are received daily!
:pac:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Board Update

Postby wildrose » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Nice! Love the new focus on the local desert! Some of the news discussion has become a bit much! Too much ideology and politics. Great move!
:sun:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 am

admin wrote:You probably notice that there are new forums and that some old forums are being deleted. The focus of this message board is changing. Let me know what you think of the changes and feel free to make suggestions. If you are trying to sign up for an account on the board send me a message at info@tronanews.us so that I can spot your account request in the long list of spam requests that are received daily!
:pac:

Good idea to provide an email as a way to verify legitimate account requests. Also good idea to restructure the board. I like the new organization and feel free to purge any of my old posts regarding news and politics. Talking about politics, ideology, and controversial topics is just a waste of time. It's better to stick to informational topics.
:thumb:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Is there any way to embed videos from Comedy Central?
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

re: board update

Postby hand » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Of course you can, but how many people would actually use it?
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

RE: Board Update

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:30 pm

I would embed videos from Comedy Central if there was a button for that, but I am fairly sure that the same goes for other websites. What is needed is some way to embed any video from anywhere, but that might be potentially dangerous since it could be that allowing videos from anywhere could be a security risk.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Easy just find it on youboob and go from there.

:funny:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:43 am

For the Colbert Show and the Daily Show most of the stuff on YouTube is just highlights of the week. Full segments are for the most part only available at CC. The same goes for most of the other shows on CC.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:46 am

James Sel wrote:Easy just find it on youboob and go from there.

:funny:

cactuspete wrote:For the Colbert Show and the Daily Show most of the stuff on YouTube is just highlights of the week. Full segments are for the most part only available at CC. The same goes for most of the other shows on CC.

Looks like the previous video posted by James Sel got removed. That's the problem with YouTube. Something good gets posted and then it gets yanked as a result of copyright BS. I'm not a big fan of CC either. They have an inconsistent schedule and so I don't even bother with them anymore.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 am

In case anyone is wondering, the monthly most ever online count is reset at the beginning of each month. I should probably get in the habit of posting the high count for each month and already I forget what that was for October!!!
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Next

Return to Board Information