Off Topic Posts

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Off Topic Posts

Postby cactuspete » Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm

I've seen this done on other bulletin board systems. When someone posts something which is off topic, complain about it here rather than littering threads with complaints about off topic posts. Then the board administrator can delete it or move it here. That way, if it's off topic, but not offensive the post is preserved, but moved out of the thread. Sometimes it's a tough call and then other times it's an easy call as to whether a post is off topic, offensive, or both. I'll start things off in my next post!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Off Topic Posts

Postby cactuspete » Mon May 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Under General Environment and Nature: Re: Desert Tortoises, surfsteve » Mon May 19, 2014 7:36 am - Although humorous, the post does not contribute to the thread topic in any way.
:offtopic:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 am

cactuspete: Good idea and good call on the inappropriate post that you found. Sometimes people think they're being funny and that's all well and fine, but they should use better judgement on where they share their humor.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Wed May 28, 2014 7:37 am

cactuspete: I like this idea as long as people don't get too picky. I think the example is a good one. That post wasn't really funny and it added absolutely nothing to the thread!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Fri May 30, 2014 7:57 am

A couple posts made to the Crimea, Ukraine, Russia thread should be moved to the new thread I created about the To the Struggle Against World Terrorism momument. Rather than going off on a tangent those posts should jsut be separated out, which is why I created the new thread.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:33 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Monorail track at the west end of Wingate Pass, 1925.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:05 am

Not sure how Pantheism/Panentheism and the Law of Attraction fits under News and Issues. It probably should go under Recreation and Entertainment. Not that it's not interesting, but religion is more of a hobby, diversion, or pastime (or loosely construed philosophy) than anything to do with news or issues. The other topics under News and Issues were initiated as a result of news posts. The Pantheism post is just a random post without an event to justify it.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 am

Put it wherever you want. But be sure to move the atheism thread along with it unless you want to hear me me screaming inequality.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 am

surfsteve wrote:Put it wherever you want. But be sure to move the atheism thread along with it unless you want to hear me me screaming inequality.

shadylady wrote:Not sure how Pantheism/Panentheism and the Law of Attraction fits under News and Issues. It probably should go under Recreation and Entertainment. Not that it's not interesting, but religion is more of a hobby, diversion, or pastime (or loosely construed philosophy) than anything to do with news or issues. The other topics under News and Issues were initiated as a result of news posts. The Pantheism post is just a random post without an event to justify it.

ShadyLady has a point. For it to be news at least the first post should be a news clip. The Pantheism video is just some airhead spouting off about things he doesn't actually even understand. It's kind of an elementary school version of religious studies, if even that.
:roll2:
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Next

Return to Board Information