Marijuana Imposters

Share info or tips or ask questions about Desert Gardening here. Suggest plants which do well in harsh desert conditions!

Re: Marijuana Imposters

Postby cactuspete » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:41 am

It's ridiculous that any plant is illegal to grow. All plants are naturally part of our heritage and so we should recognize the inherent right of all people to grow any plant in existence. I think that this is fundamental and obvious. Do away with laws against growing plants and that's one less excuse they have to send in the SWAT team!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby blackturtle.us » Sat May 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Although the leaves of the chaste tree (aka, monk's pepper) do look similar to miniature hemp leaves, the growth habit and the colorful flower spikes give away it's true identity.
Thumbnail Image
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Sat May 23, 2015 8:29 pm

blackturtle.us: Okay, so I get it, it really doesn't look that much like marijuana, but retarded law enforcement officers might still mistake it for marijuana. And you know what, I really don't care if it is or isn't the real thing. I just want to know if I can smoke it!
:smokin:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 am

mrgreen: Some people smoke just about anything that'll burn, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to smoke it. In fact, most people would most likely agree that's a bad idea to smoke ANYTHING. What I heard is that you can grind the dried seeds and use them as a pepper substitute. There's no guarantee that there are no toxic ingredients, but if you can ingest the seeds, then you can probably smoke them if you really want to, but the question that you should ask is WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO?
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Elderly Pennsylvania Couple Sues Police After Cops Mistake Hibiscus Plants For Pot, Allege Excessive Force
Well, durrr... of course, it's excessive force. You don't arrest people for a hibiscus plant! :smack:
Sometimes I think they look for crime where it doesn’t exist in order to justify their existence.

LINK:
https://www.inquisitr.com/4635896/elderly-pennyslvania-couple-sues-police-after-cops-mistake-hibiscus-plants-for-pot-allege-excessive-force/
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 am

I was expecting this topic was going to be about the dangers of synthetic marijuana

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:54 am

Couple Handcuffed, Placed In Police Cruiser For Hours After Insurance Agent Mistakes Hibiscus Plants
There is no excuse for this kind of stupidity. Both the insurance agent and the officers involved are total and complete morons! The picture had a flower! Any dipstick with half an IQ point knows that marijuana plants do not produce attractive flowers! JFC!!!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 am

Buffalo Township couple settles suit with Nationwide over mistaken marijuana
https://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdispatch/13800512-74/buffalo-township-couple-settles-suit-with-nationwide-over-mistaken-marijuana
Another deal was reached with local law enforcement, but I can't get any solid info on that.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby deathvalleyjake » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 am

5 Plants That Are Often Mistaken for Marijuana
None of these plants look all that much like marijuana. The resemblance is vague at best. An officer would have to be just plain STUPID to mistake any of these for marijuana and anyone that stupid has no business working in law enforcement!
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:56 am

The Health Benefits Of Vitex Chaste Tree Berry
The one plant that looks the most like marijuana until it produces flowers is Monks Pepper. I'm not sure if I believe any of the claims made in this video, but it is interesting information regardless.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Desert Gardening Tips