Obesity Epidemic (Fattest States)

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Obesity Epidemic (Fattest States)

Postby dilbert » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:11 pm

You’re More Likely Than Your Parents To Be Fat
More excuses for us overweight people to use to help us rationalize our inability to do anything about our weight problem.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby twister » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:44 am

A Potbelly Could Be Deadlier Than Obesity, Study Says
Where fat gets deposited on the body is something that we don't have any control over. It's like a genetic disorder. All we can do is try to not let our weight get out of control and so over-eating should always be avoided is what I get out of this.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Trump to protester: "I mention food stamps and that guy who's seriously overweight went crazy!"
Some politically correct and social justice warrior types are whining about Trumps joke. I totally approve. I still might not vote for the guy, but I have absolutely nothing against this kind of humor. In fact, I'm sick and tired of dimwits who are "offended" by this brand of humor. Go Trump!
:thumb:

LONGER BACKUP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDfLE_kKEw
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Fat Jokes

Postby shadylady » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:46 am

I appreciate a spontaneous and brilliant zinger as much as anyone and Trump scored big on this one in my book. It's annoying that people complain about a simple joke, but some people have no sense of humor and it's been pointed out several times here at TronaNews that intelligence and a good sense of humor are highly correlated. Which basically indicates that those criticizing Trump for this little joke aren't very smart!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Fat Jokes

Postby CoolChick » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:18 am

shadylady and mrgreen: The chances of me voting for Trump are incredibly slim, but I gotta say that I enjoyed this little zinger. I actually like the way he almost baits the politically correct morons who incessantly criticize him. The more they criticize him, the more his popularity increases. If the morons weren't such total morons, they'd probably realize that they hurt their cause everytime they open their mouths!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:31 am

Celebrities To Get Their Own Airport Terminal
Although this video is about an airport terminal for the rich and famous, it turns into a discussion about obesity and exercise. One of the hosts talks about a "War on Walking" and the other hosts jump in on that side topic for close to half of this clip. The side discussion is prompted by a claim that the rich and famous will only need to walk sixty steps from their car to get to an airplane, whereas the trip from car to airplane takes an estimated 2200 steps for the average customer.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:38 am

Woman who met weight loss goal faces new challenge
This woman lost a ton of weight and now she needs surgery to remove the extra skin. The loose skin alone weighs about 20 pounds!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:34 pm

The Science Behind Why Some Fruits Help Your Waistline :thumb:
Basically the advice is to eat more fruits and vegetables. It's all about the flavinoids. Berries are especially high in flavinoids.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Flavinoids

Postby shadylady » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 am

Flavinoids: It's hard to eat as many fruits and vegetables as is recommended, but it's important to try. My strategy is to get frozen fruits and vegetables a lot of the time. They're not as tasty as fresh, but they keep longer. Also they're a lot tastier and healthier than canned. Although frozen tends to be more expensive off the shelf, in the long run it's cheaper since there's less spoilage.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:52 am

Women Pose Nude to Show Off Weight Loss
Body positivity. Body diversity. I don't care what I look like as long as I'm healthy. The reality obviously is that I'm healthier when I don't carry excess weight. So it's impossible to deny that being over-weight is a medical issue and not just a matter of fashion or superficial appearance.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment