End Tax Exempt Status for Churches

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: End Tax Exempt Status for Churches

Postby desertrat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:29 am

Should All Churches Lose Tax Exempt Status?
Tax exempt status violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. Another example of how the Constitution is violated on a routine basis. It's time to audit all laws on the books and to actually treat the Constitution as the basis for all laws.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 am

Our Lady Of Perpetual Exemption
It's amazing that our country still gives tax exempt status to churches and that's probably why a parody like this strikes a chord with so many people.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:46 pm

shadylady wrote:Our Lady Of Perpetual Exemption
It's amazing that our country still gives tax exempt status to churches and that's probably why a parody like this strikes a chord with so many people.

I'm in favor of ending government subsidization of religion. Judging by the popularity of this video on YouTube, I'd say it's safe to say that a lot of people agree with me.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby JanuaryJones » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 am

Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption: John Oliver doesn't do the best preacher routine, but he's still super funny just the same. Someone in the comments even said that he might be able to start a successful cult and get rich that way if that's what he wanted to do!
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby recluse » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:44 am

Real Time with Bill Maher: New Rule – Tax the Churches (HBO)
Religion does more harm than good and many Americans are beginning to realize it. So, why not tax churches like any other business?
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:26 am

recluse: Churches are businesses just like any other business and so they should most definitely be taxed. It cheats the rest of us for them not to be taxed. So, to be fair, everyone should pay their fair share. No freeloaders. Why should I subsidize THEIR Sunday morning hobby? They don't subsidize MINE!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 am

Something tells me that Trump won't even consider the possibility of taxing churches, but you'd think as a successful businessman that he'd see the wisdom of such a proposition.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby hungrybill » Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 am

Not only should tax exempt status be revoked, but they should be required to pay extra tax beyond what normal businesses pay. There should be no such thing as religious charities and a special surcharge should be paid to the government for every Bible or religious item sold. Okay, I jest, but just the same, I support the idea of revoking special exemptions for religious organizations.
hungrybill
Greenhorn

Postby shadylady » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:17 am

Joel Osteen's church reopens for Sunday service
This shyster (Osteen) makes some pretty weak excuses for turning away flood victims and he tries to sell them with a smile. Put horns on this asshole and the picture would be complete. This guy is a poster child for why tax exempt status for churches should be revoked.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 am

That Osteen guy is as slimey as they come. I don't believe his excuses for a second. Televangelists and pastors of super churches are in it for the money. To get a tax break on top of everything else is ridiculous.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues