Atheists Unite!

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Atheists Unite!

Postby shadylady » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:08 am

Freedom From Religion Foundation
Known as FFRF for short, this organization is devoted to allowing all citizens to enjoy religious liberty. In other words, none of us should be forced to listen to the religious BS of others while in public places.
Join the largest freethought association in North America

LINK: http://ffrf.org/
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:19 am

shadylady: Freedom from relgion is certainly in keeping with the Constitution. None of us should be subjugated to any religious doctrine at any time. Groups like this do a service to everyone, atheist or not.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 am

wildrose: Religious people push their religion on others in a number of ways. Sometimes it's laws that don't make any sense unless you belong to a certain religion. Laws like that should be unconstitutional and I suppose actually they are, but no one does anything about it. That's why I like organizations like this even though I'm pretty religious actually myself.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:43 am

tronagirl: I like to think of freedom of religion more in terms of freedom from other people's religion. That's what freedom of religion means to me. That's why there should be no religious references on our money or in the pledge of allegiance. It should all be religion free. Just like sugar free is good for the body. Religion free is good for society.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:43 am

How Powerful Is The Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Of all the religions currently in existence, Pastafarianism makes the most sense to me!
:thumb:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 am

MojaveMike: Pastafarianism makes as much sense as any of the other religions out there. One crazy set of make-believe beliefs is as crazy as another and so if you're going to believe in something crazy, you might as well go all out. And besides, let's face it, properly prepared pasta can be devine!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:26 am

Pastafarianism: Sounds good to me. Actually this sounds like a lot of fun. I like the whole concept. Count me in. I've never been a joiner, but I could see signing up for this religon. It's like a culinary and religious experience at the same time!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:46 am

No more pancake breakfasts! I'll take supreme spaghetti dinners instead or perhaps some angel hair pasta. According to the WikiPedia page that lists types of pasta there are several dozen variants. Plenty of variety to keep things interesting in Pasta Heaven!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 am

Is Atheism a Religion? :roll2:
Short answer: NO
Long answer: Watch the video...
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:22 am

MojaveMike: Atheism is by definition the lack of religion. Although sometimes religious nutjobs like to argue that atheism is a religion, there isn't any logical basis for such an assertion. Atheists are the ultimate realists. It's like they care so much about the truth that they don't care if they hurt other people's feelings. Sometimes you just have to let people believe what they want to believe and not pop their protective bubbles.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues